Managing devices in a BYOD environment is no mean feat, and the right mobile device management (MDM) product can be a key component in making it work. Here are 10 leading MDM products on the market today.
'Tis the season for online scams. Here are 12 of the most dangerous scams you're likely to see this holiday season.
The hacktivist collective Anonymous began getting media attention in 2008 with its attacks on the Church of Scientology. Three years later, Anonymous and its many offshoots and associations, including LulzSec, AntiSec, TeamPoison and the Peoples Liberation Front, reached the pinnacle of their infamy with major attacks on powerful corporations and government agencies. Here, CIO.com presents in pictures an abridged (and admittedly U.S.-centric) timeline of hacktivist activity.
From Lockheed Martin and HBGary Federal to the U.S. government and Cornell University, no one is immune to humiliating security glitches.
Encrypted storage, malware scanners, missing-phone-finders and more: Here are 20 apps to help protect your smartphone, your privacy and your data.
Security experts hammer on security ideas they say are just "myths."
Here are highlights from RSA Conference 2012.
Social engineers, or "human hackers," have been duping victims from the very beginning of human existence. Here are nine infamous con artists who made history with their scams and schemes.
Enjoy hacking, Hollywood-style, with these video games.
The annual security fest featured thrills and chills as the pros did their best to make everyone feel afraid.
From Apple, to Symantec and Anonymous, lots of people, companies and groups influence the IT security world.
These tablets have extra security features that will keep your work safe and your IT pros happy.
Thor Olavsrud covers IT Security, Big Data, Open Source, Microsoft Tools and Servers for CIO.com. Follow Thor on Twitter @ThorOlavsrud. Follow everything from CIO.com on Twitter @CIOonline and on Facebook. Email Thor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about security in CIO's Security Drilldown.
- Hadoop for Dummies Today, organizations in every industry are being showered with imposing quantities of new information. Along with traditional sources, many more data channels and...
- The Top Five Ways to Get Started with Big Data Despite the increased focus on big data over the past few years, most organizations are still talking about what big data is rather...
- Data Warehouse Augmentation: The Queryable Data Store While organizations have, to date, been busy exploring and experimenting, they are now beginning to focus on using big data technologies to solve...
- The IBM Big Data Platform IBM is unique in having developed an enterprise class big data platform that allows you to address the full spectrum of big data...
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts