Class of 2014 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: Cook Children's Health Care System
LOCATION: Fort Worth, Texas
How are you turning your IT department into a services organization? We implemented Salesforce.com's ServiceCloud within IT and are treating our internal departments and employees as we would external customers. We strive to interact with each employee as a valued customer and want to earn their repeat business.
A career highlight: I jumped from being vice president of strategic planning at two successful Internet startups to the CIO role at a $600 million hospital -- without having set foot inside a hospital (except when my children were born).
A recent innovative staff idea: Account provisioning automation. We have thousands of new accounts each year that must be provisioned into scores of disparate applications with no common user directory. Automating those processes is starting to reap rewards by ensuring new hires and students have timely access into the systems they need.
More on the 2014 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps
- Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare
- Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Is a SaaS Deployment Right for You?
- Find out the answer and as well as the other deployment options.
- Discover How Mail Express Solves 2 of Your Biggest IT Headaches
- Email. It can be the source of some of IT's biggest headaches. As it eats up storage and bandwidth, it also opens up...
- Data on the Move = Business on the Move; How Strategic Secure Managed File Transfer Adds Value and Drives Business
- This whitepaper describes the formal and informal file-sharing methods business employees use to perform their daily functions and explains that, from sending small... All Management White Papers
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- CDW Software Asset Management SAM is a process, not a one off project. Chances are you've either been audited, or you will be soon. In fact, nearly...
- All Management Webcasts