Class of 2014 Yearbook: The Honorees
LOCATION: Cary, N.C.
Skills you'll hire for this year: The ability to communicate, regardless of one's technical or management role, is absolutely critical for IT to be a trusted, strategic partner to the business.
Key relationship: My relationship with the vice president of marketing is very strong. Traditional approaches to mapping IT resources to marketing priorities weren't satisfying marketing or IT. We've worked to engage IT earlier in marketing planning to address technical concerns to better forecast alignment of IT resources with marketing deadlines.
To what extent do you embed IT workers in business units? My awareness of business initiatives and technical impediments to progress enables my team to collaborate with the business on new solutions, providing technology expertise, systems integration and project management. Finding opportunities to use SAS solutions internally lets users and IT give feedback to R&D on software releases.
More on the 2014 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Global Growing Pains: Tapping into B2B Integration Services to Overcome Global Expansion Challenges
- A recent survey by IDG Research explored both the challenges and pain points companies face when growing globally, as well as the capabilities...
- PCI 3.0 Compliance
- In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Defense throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle with Alert Logic Threat and Log Manager
- New security threats are emerging all the time, from new forms of malware and web application exploits that target code vulnerabilities to attacks...
- QA Automation: Reducing Test Execution While Improving Coverage
- A leading capital investment firm in the US was in need of a comprehensive, cost effective and flexible solution to reduce their existing...
- Protect your brand with Alert Logic PCI DSS compliance solutions
- Alert logic's cloud-powered solutions help organizations that process, store or transmit credit card data eliminate the burden of PCI compliance. This product brief... All Management White Papers
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the... Princess Cruises collaborates across the globe in the IBM cloud Norm Ayers, Director of Emergency Response and Social Projects at Princess Cruises explains how IBM and Cloud helped the company rapidly scale its...
- Managing a Mobile Workforce Learn how this biotechnology company used a mobile device management solution to help secure data accessed by over 125 employees globally.
- Boost Productivity with Self Service for Middleware Middleware continues to play a significant role in the interconnectivity of applications across the enterprise. Find out how BMC Middleware Administration is used...
- All Management Webcasts