Class of 2014 Yearbook: The Honorees
LOCATION: Malvern, Pa.
How many times have you had to reinvent yourself in your career? Vanguard's encouragement of rotations has given me the opportunity to move all over IT and our businesses. I've led various IT groups, our Six Sigma organization, and our High Net Worth and Advice businesses, all before my move to CIO in 2012. I forged my path by eagerly accepting opportunities as they presented themselves.
A career highlight: After 9/11, I was moved to manage Vanguard's technology operations, at a time of tremendous business growth and heightened business resiliency needs. Our then-CEO tasked me with doubling our production infrastructure while simultaneously cutting expenses over the next few years. This challenging new role served as a launch pad for many amazing opportunities. These experiences accelerated the development of my leadership abilities, technology skills and business acumen, which are all required competencies for a CIO.
More on the 2014 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked
- Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- IDC Whitepaper: Optimal Path to the Cloud
- Find out what IDC says about Selecting the Optimal Path to Private Cloud in this analyst white paper. Learn the challenges and benefits...
- The Changing Face of Collaboration in the Enterprise
- The importance of having enterprise content anywhere is the main focus of this article. Along with this, having an API-based environment with collaborative...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting
- This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle
- This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle. All Management White Papers
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- CDW Software Asset Management SAM is a process, not a one off project. Chances are you've either been audited, or you will be soon. In fact, nearly...
- All Management Webcasts