Class of 2014 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: Securities America
LOCATION: La Vista, Neb.
New titles in your IT organization: Enterprise architects and product architects
How many times have you had to reinvent yourself in your career? Numerous times. I started as an intensive care nurse, and then moved into business. I have had various roles in numerous companies as my career has progressed.
A recent example of your leadership style: I have seasoned professionals on my staff, and they are working with all levels within the organization. My role is to work with my team members so they continue to provide innovative products and first-class support.
Skills you'll hire for this year: Product architects and senior development analysts.
A task you've delegated this year: Our disaster recovery site contract was due for renewal this year. The tasks of evaluating the current vendor and other providers and negotiating the contract are being managed by the vice president of operations.
More on the 2014 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Meet Business Demands and Drive IT Innovation
- Your IT organization plays a strategic role in business operations. What new solutions and offerings could you create if you had an agile,...
- British Airways Case Study
- British Airways increases scalability, reliability, flexibility and performance while building on its IT infrastructure using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
- 3 Keys to Secure BYOD Deployment
- The new Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) environment presents challenges for IT managers and business leaders. This paper discusses how IT managers can address those challenges,...
- Creating a Video Collaboration Strategy: Four Mistakes Mid-Market Companies Make and How to Avoid Them
- This Cisco-sponsored whitepaper from AVI-SPL shares key insights from Cisco's and AVI-SPL's teams of video collaboration integration experts gained through hundreds of deployments...
- Pros and Cons of a Multi-Vendor UC Environment
- Microsoft Lync is posting impressive adoption rates. As a Cisco Premier Partner and a company that has deployed Microsoft Lync to its own... All Management White Papers
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Symantec NetBackup Appliances: Key Factors in Modernizing Backup and Recovery This white paper outlines a structured approach to assessing the advantages and requirements of the PBBA model, and in particular the unique capabilities...
- Why Purpose-Built Backup Appliances? Seeking cost-effective data protection solutions that can handle the ever-growing expansion of data, organizations are frequently turning to purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs).
- 3 Steps to Content Sharing and Collaboration ft. Forrester Research Consumer sync and share tools help people access and send personal files, but smart IT leaders know that businesses require more than just...
- Customizing Unified Communications to Meet Today's Enterprise Demands What's the best way to implement UC? Many organizations are looking to Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) from providers such as Windstream...
- All Management Webcasts