Class of 2013 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: Red Hat Inc.
LOCATION: Raleigh, N.C.
New titles in your IT organization: A senior director responsible for our shared systems and architecture. This leader sets our future in terms of enterprise architecture and focuses on data and analytics, a cross-Red Hat requirement.
Characteristic most important in an IT hire: They have to be smart and innovative, flexible, and willing and able to lead change.
Coolest current project: We are replacing our legacy global telephone infrastructure with an open-source telephone, messaging and video solution. We have many opportunities to further implement business social networking in Red Hat, to revamp our collaboration tools, and to further drive toward mobile devices to enable collaboration.
More on the 2013 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- The Path to Responsive IT
- A responsive IT team enables on-demand self-service, ticketless IT, a low cost structure & wider participation. When extending the IT team to analysts,...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl
- Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Empowering Your Mobile Workers
- A modern mobile IT strategy is no longer an option, it is an absolute necessity. Here's how some of the nation's most progressive...
- The High-Performance WAN
- Find out what are some of the top problems associated with large WANs and the technologies typically used to solve them.
- Four Ways to Modernize Your Application Performance Monitoring Strategy for Web 2.0 and AJAX
- Learn how Web 2.0 technologies can increase the speed and efficiency of Web applications, while uniquely combining the best of traditional and modern... All Management White Papers
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to...
- ElectricCommander 5.0 update Watch this webinar to find out how this release enables horizontal scalability, high availability, and other enterprise-grade features to support large scale CI...
- Pivotal CF: The Journey to Great Software Begins Here The concept of PaaS is not new, but a new class is emerging. This second generation of hybrid PaaS allows technologists to have...
- Symantec NetBackup Appliances: Key Factors in Modernizing Backup and Recovery This white paper outlines a structured approach to assessing the advantages and requirements of the PBBA model, and in particular the unique capabilities...
- All Management Webcasts