Class of 2012 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: State of Colorado
An example of your personal leadership style: Mentors have been key in my life, and I strive to ''pay it forward'' with my own employees. Recently, I provided career development coaching to an employee, which resulted in that individual seeking a position with another company. I am a big believer that as leaders we need to understand our employees' strengths and then help them grow and develop in areas that best leverage those strengths, even if that means they leave to pursue other opportunities.
A recent great deal from a vendor: It is critical to have key, strategic vendor partners that act as trusted advisers and help to deliver successful business solutions. Recently, I established a handful of mutually beneficial public/private partnerships that resulted in no-cost services for my organization and enabled these vendors to become actively engaged in the innovative things we are doing in Colorado.
More on the 2012 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- VDI and Beyond: Addressing Top IT Challenges to Drive Agility and Growth
- This paper explores a collection of compelling FlexCast services to highlight how XenDesktop can drive a modern, mobile workforce toward greater agility and...
- Mission Critical: Managing Mobile Applications & Content
- Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices have become embedded in enterprise processes, thanks to the consumerization of IT and a new generation of...
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Mobile Application Development
- Nearly all business users now demand mobile devices--their own or company-owned--along with anywhere access to corporate applications and data. What turns mobile devices...
- Maintain Less. Create More.
- Spend less on maintenance and spend more time creating with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Read on to learn how Red Hat can help...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl
- Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps... All Management White Papers
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- All Management Webcasts