Class of 2012 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: The Boeing Co.
How do you make sure your most talented workers stay put? Boeing IT has an avenue for fast-tracking our brightest and most innovative employees into leadership positions for technical and management careers. We regularly review our organization for areas of high performance and work to recognize and advance these individuals. Our Boeing leadership support programs develop and enhance their leadership skills.
An innovative staff idea: Early in 2011, a group of IT directors proposed an idea to form a Director's Advisory Council. I would meet with the council monthly and rotate the members throughout the year. It has been a very successful, open, honest, two-way dialogue that has become a valuable forum for Boeing IT to test new ideas and initiatives prior to their launch.
More on the 2012 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Workload Change: The 70 Percent of Your Business DevOps Forgot
- Adding WLA early in the development process ensures that the benefits of DevOps accrue for all applications, including your batch services. This paper...
- How Foglight Makes User Experience Management a Reality
- Read three cases that underscore the appeal of User Experience Management (UEM), its essential value to IT and how Foglight demonstrates its versatility...
- The Path to Responsive IT
- A responsive IT team enables on-demand self-service, ticketless IT, a low cost structure & wider participation. When extending the IT team to analysts,...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl
- Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Empowering Your Mobile Workers
- A modern mobile IT strategy is no longer an option, it is an absolute necessity. Here's how some of the nation's most progressive... All Management White Papers
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to...
- ElectricCommander 5.0 update Watch this webinar to find out how this release enables horizontal scalability, high availability, and other enterprise-grade features to support large scale CI...
- Pivotal CF: The Journey to Great Software Begins Here The concept of PaaS is not new, but a new class is emerging. This second generation of hybrid PaaS allows technologists to have...
- All Management Webcasts