Class of 2011 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: U.S. Department of Transportation
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
A career highlight: "Appointed DOT CIO and principal information technology adviser to the secretary of transportation as part of the Obama Administration, with oversight for the DOT's more than $3 billion IT portfolio -- the sixth-largest in the federal government."
Bold, innovative IT initiatives: "Revolutionary departmental efforts like the Intelligent Transportation Systems office's Intellidrive program, which leverages vehicle-to-vehicle wireless technology, and the satellite-based Next Generation Air Transportation System. They will transform the safety, mobility, security and efficiency of our nation's critical transportation assets."
How are you adapting to "digital natives? "We hire them! By developing early, lasting relationships with digital natives, we ensure outside-the-box perspectives on technology and strong lines of succession within IT leadership. Our people-first philosophy drives innovation, agility and business value while providing the foundation for a learning environment that ensures lasting success."
More on the 2011 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
- Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
- This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration
- Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Best Practices in BYOD: BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- Manageability, security and support - these are just a few of the reasons BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 is such a powerful Enterprise Mobility... All Management White Papers
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- CDW Software Asset Management SAM is a process, not a one off project. Chances are you've either been audited, or you will be soon. In fact, nearly...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- All Management Webcasts