Class of 2011 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: U.S. Department of Transportation
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
A career highlight: "Appointed DOT CIO and principal information technology adviser to the secretary of transportation as part of the Obama Administration, with oversight for the DOT's more than $3 billion IT portfolio -- the sixth-largest in the federal government."
Bold, innovative IT initiatives: "Revolutionary departmental efforts like the Intelligent Transportation Systems office's Intellidrive program, which leverages vehicle-to-vehicle wireless technology, and the satellite-based Next Generation Air Transportation System. They will transform the safety, mobility, security and efficiency of our nation's critical transportation assets."
How are you adapting to "digital natives? "We hire them! By developing early, lasting relationships with digital natives, we ensure outside-the-box perspectives on technology and strong lines of succession within IT leadership. Our people-first philosophy drives innovation, agility and business value while providing the foundation for a learning environment that ensures lasting success."
More on the 2011 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- VDI and Beyond: Addressing Top IT Challenges to Drive Agility and Growth
- This paper explores a collection of compelling FlexCast services to highlight how XenDesktop can drive a modern, mobile workforce toward greater agility and...
- Mission Critical: Managing Mobile Applications & Content
- Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices have become embedded in enterprise processes, thanks to the consumerization of IT and a new generation of...
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Mobile Application Development
- Nearly all business users now demand mobile devices--their own or company-owned--along with anywhere access to corporate applications and data. What turns mobile devices...
- Maintain Less. Create More.
- Spend less on maintenance and spend more time creating with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Read on to learn how Red Hat can help...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl
- Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps... All Management White Papers
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- All Management Webcasts