Class of 2011 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: Aspen Skiing Co.
LOCATION: Aspen, Colo.
Quick-ROI project: "Customization in our ski rental system created immediate guest service advantage. Guests scan their RFID pass or ticket, and their guest profile is immediately uploaded into the rental contract. The ability to add and cross-sell retail products throughout the rental process increased revenue. The enhancements reduced wait time and retained customers, resulting in a 20-week ROI."
An innovative staff idea: "A mobile Web app to allow any manager to conduct ad-hoc guest satisfaction surveys in the resort using a smartphone. The survey data is uploaded in real time to a Web dashboard. Line-of-business managers can quickly review the data and respond to trends accordingly."
Boldest IT prediction for the next 5 years: "No more desktop PCs, just docks for mobile devices."
More on the 2011 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- The Changing Face of Collaboration in the Enterprise
- The importance of having enterprise content anywhere is the main focus of this article. Along with this, having an API-based environment with collaborative...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting
- This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle
- This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Benefits of Automated Log Management
- This paper discusses the challenges associated with effective log management and enables you to better define best practices and requirements for log management...
- Alert Logic for PCI DSS Compliance
- To achieve PCI DSS compliance, you must identify and remediate all critical vulnerabilities detected during PCI scans. Threat Manager streamlines this process by... All Management White Papers
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- CDW Software Asset Management SAM is a process, not a one off project. Chances are you've either been audited, or you will be soon. In fact, nearly...
- All Management Webcasts