Class of 2011 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: PerkinElmer Inc.
LOCATION: Waltham, Mass.
An innovative staff idea: "Implementing Symantec DLO on all of our laptops globally. Now every laptop is automatically backed up daily, and we experience almost no data loss when a laptop is stolen or a hard drive fails."
Boldest IT prediction for the next 5 years: "In five years, I believe most organizations will be moving away from all client software, especially the use of Microsoft Office."
How do you evaluate emerging technologies? "Being a midsize company, we can't look at every new technology; we need to place bigger bets on a smaller number that look promising. We continually look at new technologies and how they might enable the goals of the company. We work with advisory firms and peer groups to also get external input into the viability and return of various emerging technologies."
More on the 2011 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps
- Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Best Practices in BYOD - Addressing BYOD Challenges in the Enterprise
- Take control of the iOS, Android™ and BlackBerry® devices in your organization, from one powerful, unified console.
- Built for Business: 10 Reasons BlackBerry Smartphones Are Still the Best Way to Do Business
- The BlackBerry® 10 mobile computing platform removes many of the barriers that slow down other devices. Here are just a few of the...
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation
- If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- How to Migrate from BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0 or v5.0
- Find out how to make the transition from your current BlackBerry® Enterprise Server environment, in this quick, visual guide. All Management White Papers
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- CDW Software Asset Management SAM is a process, not a one off project. Chances are you've either been audited, or you will be soon. In fact, nearly...
- All Management Webcasts