Class of 2010 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: City of Seattle
First job: High school science and math teacher
Most valuable career advice: "Keep quiet and listen."
Favorite vice: Chocolate
Favorite gadget: "Digital camera. I love photography."
Leadership philosophy in a nutshell: "Lead by example. Don't ask anyone to do anything you wouldn't do yourself."
Passion outside of work: "Staring at the night sky. I enjoy astronomy, but it is a difficult hobby to pursue in light-polluted Seattle."
Favorite sport: "Running and bicycle commuting. I have either run home (6 miles) or bicycled home (14 miles) almost every workday for the past 26 years, some 6,000-plus trips."
In high school, I was... "building my own telescope."
Technology pet peeve: "Automating cow paths. The idea that everything has to be automated. Pen and paper work fine for lots of business needs."
More on the 2010 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked
- Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- The Changing Face of Collaboration in the Enterprise
- The importance of having enterprise content anywhere is the main focus of this article. Along with this, having an API-based environment with collaborative...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting
- This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle
- This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Benefits of Automated Log Management
- This paper discusses the challenges associated with effective log management and enables you to better define best practices and requirements for log management... All Management White Papers
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- CDW Software Asset Management SAM is a process, not a one off project. Chances are you've either been audited, or you will be soon. In fact, nearly...
- All Management Webcasts