Class of 2010 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: PHI Inc.
LOCATION: Lafayette,, La.
First job: "I was 15 and worked as a cook in a restaurant."
Most valuable career advice: "You've done good. Do more!"
If I were not in this business, I would probably be... "a writer or stand-up comedian."
Best mentoring relationship: "My father-in-law was a very successful businessman, and I still look to him as a sounding board."
Favorite gadget: "My BlackBerry, of course."
Leadership philosophy in a nutshell: "Empower your people, make them accountable, and then stand aside and let them make it happen."
Technology pet peeve: "Texting and Tweetering are overused, in my opinion."
A recent great read: Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy, and Why It Matters for Global Capitalism, by George A. Akerlof and Robert J. Shiller
What's the most interesting thing people don't know about you? "That I must have intellectually peaked in the second grade, because I skipped the third grade."
More on the 2010 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Oracle Software Licensing: The Value of Resellers
- NEW white paper explores real-world insights and:
* The Rise of Audits
* Compliance Spend
* SAM and Compliance
* Working Directly with a...
- ACM Leadership Guide
- Knowledge worker effectiveness has emerged as a top priority to both optimize the customer experience and help employees work more efficiently. See how...
- Global Growing Pains: Tapping into B2B Integration Services to Overcome Global Expansion Challenges
- A recent survey by IDG Research explored both the challenges and pain points companies face when growing globally, as well as the capabilities...
- PCI 3.0 Compliance
- In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Defense throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle with Alert Logic Threat and Log Manager
- New security threats are emerging all the time, from new forms of malware and web application exploits that target code vulnerabilities to attacks... All Management White Papers
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the... Princess Cruises collaborates across the globe in the IBM cloud Norm Ayers, Director of Emergency Response and Social Projects at Princess Cruises explains how IBM and Cloud helped the company rapidly scale its...
- Managing a Mobile Workforce Learn how this biotechnology company used a mobile device management solution to help secure data accessed by over 125 employees globally.
- Boost Productivity with Self Service for Middleware Middleware continues to play a significant role in the interconnectivity of applications across the enterprise. Find out how BMC Middleware Administration is used...
- All Management Webcasts