Class of 2009 Yearbook: The Honorees
Employer: AT&T Inc.
First job: Managing six tape-pool employees at Southwestern Bell Communications
Best mentoring relationship: "The relationship between my father and myself."
People you'd invite to your dream dinner party: "Abraham Lincoln and my father."
Passions outside of work: Spending time with my daughter, playing golf and running
Favorite book: The Art of Possibility, by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander
Leadership philosophy in a nutshell: "Don't limit your team's ability to innovate by your perceived view of what is possible. Always be willing to take manageable risks and step into uncomfortable positions because those experiences can produce the greatest growth and rewards."
More on the 2009 Premier 100
- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets
- Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014
- Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to...
- Software Asset Management: Pay Attention or Pay Up
- There is a wide range of options for managing software assets, from in-house solutions to the cloud to managed services providers. Read this...
- Are You Prepared for a Software Audit?
- Just the word "audit" is enough to make anyone shiver, and when it comes to a software audit, the reaction is no different....
- Workload Change: The 70 Percent of Your Business DevOps Forgot
- Adding WLA early in the development process ensures that the benefits of DevOps accrue for all applications, including your batch services. This paper... All Management White Papers
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to...
- ElectricCommander 5.0 update Watch this webinar to find out how this release enables horizontal scalability, high availability, and other enterprise-grade features to support large scale CI...
- All Management Webcasts