As more organizations begin to get on the big data bandwagon, demand for IT professionals with the skills to collect, organize, analyze and architect disparate sources of data is on the rise.
Most people don't think of the iPad as a high-end computing device. These eight apps prove otherwise.
Curious about how a 3D printer really works? Now you can see one printing everything from Lego-style bricks to a model Eiffel Tower (plus a failed try at a human skull).
Mozilla is on track to launch Firefox for Windows 8 Touch in March. Here are the highlights of its touch-first browser, now in beta.
Here are some of the new functions that Update 1 will likely add to Windows 8.1.
Developers have a host of powerful options for getting the most out of the popular Scalable Vector Graphics spec.
A lot has happened since Mark Zuckerberg and his friends launched a website from their dorm room.
If you're looking for a job that allows (or even encourages) telecommuting, these 10 tech companies are the places to begin your search.
Between 3D printed cleats and game predictions determined by big data, this year's Super Bowl is going to be the techiest yet.
Looking for a new job? In a market as competitive as IT you've got to be connected, organized and prepared. These apps will help you stay ahead of the curve wherever you are, so you never miss an opportunity.
Data centers are taking advantage of energy saving technologies to run more efficiently in order to be kind to the environment and the bottom line.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux - The Original Cloud Operating System
- Linux adoption is growing against a number of measures, such as the
number of supercomputers that run Linux and the size of the contributing...
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse
- Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- Building a Bridge to the Next Generation Data Center
- Selecting a widely adopted operating system is a foundational component of a standardization strategy.
- OpenStack and Red Hat: IDC White paper
- Most OpenStack deployments are by public cloud providers that are early adopters of technology and use OpenStack in a do-it-yourself deployment and support...
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Datasheet
- Seamlessly transition to the cloud. Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform delivers an integrated foundation to create, deploy, and scale a secure and... All White Papers
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Webcasts