More Smartphones News
In the U.S. alone, nearly $2 billion worth of Apple devices -- Macs, iPhones, iPads and iPods -- were sold on eBay over the past 12 months.
The G3 has boosted LG's smartphone shipments to record levels and helped reverse three quarters of losses at its phone division, the electronics giant said Thursday.
Apple today will reveal its Q2 revenue and device sales during a conference call with Wall Street. Here's what to listen out for.
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi jokes that its newest handset, built out of stainless steel, is like a "kitchen knife," but iPhone-esque might be the better comparison.
Apple is ordering a combined 70 to 80 million units of two big-screen versions of its next iPhone, its largest initial production to date, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
Microsoft decision to ax the feature phone business it got when it bought Nokia's handset business for $7.2 billion shows the investment 'went for naught.'
Apple will provide an expanded set of support services to IBM customers with iPhones and iPads under a new enterprise-grade AppleCare plan.
Microsoft's 14 percent staff reduction, the largest in its history and focused heavily on employees acquired from Nokia's devices and services business, has some observers thinking Satya Nadella got a bad case of Lumia-induced indigestion.
In addition to announcing its largest job cuts ever, Microsoft today also signaled a retreat from its low-end Nokia X line of Android phones.
The U.S. Senate has passed a bill that would allow mobile phone customers to unlock their devices for the purposes of switching carriers.
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
China's state-run TV is telling iPhone owners that the device is a threat to national security because it tracks their movements.
Apple fans may not be the only ones waiting for a new iPhone later this year -- semiconductor industry revenue will get a boost from it too, according to Gartner.
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has voted to approve legislation that would allow mobile phone owners to unlock their devices for the purposes of switching carriers.
Several analysts argue that Samsung's warning about Q3 profits is due to its strategy of competing on price.
The Galaxy S5 mini will still have the fingerprint scanner, heart-rate monitor and waterproofing of its bigger brother, but its quad-core processor will run slower and its screen will, of course, be smaller.
The wait is almost over for early adopters of Blackphone, an Android-based smartphone that promises enhanced privacy and security.
Wal-Mart today chopped prices of Apple's iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C to $99 and $29, respectively, with a two-year carrier contract.
New smartphones with curved displays were the target of a joke by Foxconn Technology Group's CEO, who mocked the products from Foxconn's Korean rivals as devices designed to fit people's rear ends.
Chromebooks will soon be able to receive notifications and run applications from Android smartphones and tablets.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Tips for Driving User Adoption in New Technology Deployment
- Read this checklist on tips for driving user adoption to see where you stand.
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance
- Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- The Truth About Virtual Computing for CAD
- If you're a user of graphics-intensive software such as 3D modeling, simulation and analysis, and visualization, you might be skeptical about moving to...
- Virtually Delivered High Performance 3D Graphics
- "A picture is worth a thousand words." That old phrase is as true today as it ever was. Pictures (i.e., those with heavy...
- Simplifying Product Design In A Complex World
- Product design engineering has moved far beyond the confines of ever-more powerful workstations. Companies can't afford to restrict projects to using only local... All Smartphones White Papers
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- All Smartphones Webcasts