More Tablets News
Apple's grip on the tablet is loosening, with the iPad losing ground during the second quarter this year to Android and Windows tablets.
Microsoft again took a hit on its Surface business, the company acknowledged Tuesday.
Low-cost Android tablets with 64-bit processors and 4K video decoding capabilities could be around the corner, thanks to Allwinner's plan to ship its first 64-bit ARM processor by year end.
Lenovo on Friday said it would continue selling sub-10-in. Windows tablets in the U.S., backing away from statements it made the day before.
Apple will provide an expanded set of support services to IBM customers with iPhones and iPads under a new enterprise-grade AppleCare plan.
Microsoft plans to press ahead with its in-house Surface tablets, but the company's strategy remains vague and elusive.
Lenovo has stopped selling Windows tablets with screen sizes under 10 inches in the U.S. due to lack of interest.
Microsoft COO Kevin Turner acknowledged today that his company's operating systems power only a small fraction of all devices worldwide.
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
In Google's vision of the future, tablets will provide a 3D view of the world and smartphones will have uses that haven't been thought of yet.
Chromebooks will soon be able to receive notifications and run applications from Android smartphones and tablets.
A new 3D webcam for mobile devices from Intel that can assess facial expressions is slated to appear in some tablets early next year.
Microsoft may pitch its Surface Pro 3 as a notebook replacement, but to do-it-yourselfers, it's a tablet pure and simple, iFixit concluded today.
Microsoft has launched a buyback program to try to get MacBook Air owners to part with their laptops and replace them with new Surface Pro 3 devices.
They aren't exactly smartphones, tablets or even phablets, but Panasonic's new Toughpad line of 'handheld tablets' redefine tough for mobile devices and include the ability to warm themselves in extreme cold with a built-in heater.
Microsoft today kicked off retail sales of the Surface Pro 3, the 2-in-1 device touted by the company as a notebook replacement.
Microsoft inadvertently confirmed in a user guide that it had a smaller Surface tablet ready to release when it unveiled the larger Surface Pro 3 last month.
Microsoft's highly anticipated Surface Pro 3 will become available in stores in the U.S. and Canada starting Friday, but users may have to wait two months to buy Core i3 and i7 models.
Microsoft has cut prices of its almost-retired Surface Pro 2 tablet by $100 just days before the next-generation goes on sale.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab S tablets lack standout features to wow customers, a sign that innovation is in short supply in a slowing tablet market that is full of look-alikes.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Enterprise Mobility Management Checklist
- Read this checklist for tips and considerations when creating your own Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) strategy.
- Confront consumerization with convergence
- Virtualization expert Elias Khnaser spotlights the security, compliance, and governance issues that arise when enterprise users "consumerize" with shadow IT and public cloud...
- Implementing Energy Efficient Data Centers
- This paper explains how to quantify the electricity savings and provides examples of methods that can greatly reduce electrical power consumption.
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Optimized Power, Cooling, and Management Maximizes Benefits
- The effects that the cloud and virtualization have on the data center are discussed and possible solutions or methods for dealing with them...
- Comparing Data Center Power Distribution Architectures
- Significant improvements in have been achieved in data center power distribution, increasing the options available for data centers. This paper compares five power... All Tablets White Papers
- Client Management: Simplifying Life for System Admins Watch this brief webinar to hear how implementing a client management strategy not only overcomes common Apple-ization challenges related to data protection &...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- All Tablets Webcasts