More Tablets News
A researcher at Vanderbilt University has created a way to build nanowires just three atoms wide that could eventually lead to paper-thin, flexible tablets and smartphones.
Microsoft teased a touch-first Office for Windows 8.1, but contrary to many experts' expectations, previewed only one app and declined to define a release window.
Tablet sales are slowing, forcing sellers and potential buyers alike to confront confusion over which device to buy.
Microsoft's announcement today of a less expensive Office 365 subscription for consumers was the strongest hint yet that the company will soon offer an edition for Apple's iPad, an analyst said.
There is no shortage of tablet options on the market, and consumers have their choice of size. Which size tablet most appeals to you?
Numerous owners of Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 tablet said that their devices had received the long-awaited firmware update meant to fix problems introduced by a faulty December update
AT&T, making sure that auto makers don't get all the credit for the smart cars of the future, called attention to AT&T's wireless network that will connect cars to powerful apps, content and data on distant servers.
Microsoft support representatives have told Surface Pro 2 owners that a firmware update will be issued Jan. 14 to remedy multiple problems that cropped up after they installed a similar update a month ago.
Lower average selling prices for millions of new smartphones and tablets will help keep the global market for technology in 2014 at 1% below the levels of last year, according to the Consumer Electronics Association.
Large smartphones with 5-in. or larger displays -- often called phablets -- are eating into sales of smaller tablets with screens in the 7-in. range.
Google has been selling its Nexus series of smartphones and tablets for nearly four years. While the devices aren't big sellers, they are still challenging other Android makers.
Three and a half years after the launch of the original Apple iPad, with so many tablets choices available, the personal devices have had to constantly boost their quality and features to stand out from the crowd. With so many great options, what tablet tops your wish list this holiday season?
Apple today sprung the Retina iPad Mini on customers, kicking off online sales of the smaller tablet that it introduced last month.
T-Mobile on Wednesday announced it will give away 200 MB of tablet data per month over its 4G LTE network to customers who sign up for a Mobile Internet account.
T-Mobile's "Un-carrier" initiative to shake up the wireless industry continues Wednesday with a press event via Twitter related in some way to how tablets are sold and serviced.
Nokia's launch today of its first Windows tablet, the Lumia 2520 running Windows RT 8.1, left observers wondering what would happen to the new tablet once Microsoft finalizes its $7.2 billion purchase of Nokia, probably next year.
While the iPod, iPhone and MacBook catapulted Apple into the ranks of the Fortune 50, sales have leveled off somewhat and for the company to continue being a cash-generating machine, it will need new technologies -- a key one being an industry-changing flat-screen TV.
Tablets shipments will soar ahead by 53% in 2013 as desktop and laptop shipments decline by 11%, research firm Gartner forecast on Monday.
Disney announced a new touch-screen technology prototype that offers users tactile sensations that mimic real surfaces.
Dell introduced four new low-cost tablets on Wednesday that run on Intel processors, shutting out ARM-based processors from its launch.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Considerations For Effective Software License Management
- For many reasons, software license management has become a critical issue for many IT organizations and enterprise's alike. With many licensing options, hurdles...
- eBay uses 100% OpenSource WSO2 ESB to process more than 1Billion transactions a day
- Along with eBay's success comes a huge demand to ensure reliable, 24x7 availability of the services that enable these transactions. For eBay, that...
- A Reference Architecture for the Internet of Things
- The aim of this is to provide Architects and Developers of IoT projects with an effective starting point that covers the major requirements...
- REST easy: API Design, Evolution and Connection
- RESTful design increases API performance, reduces development effort, and minimizes operational support burden. By following a few best practices and selecting RESTful tooling,...
- DevOps meets ALM in the Cloud - Cloud DevOps PaaS
- To improve software delivery performance and effectiveness, teams need automation, governance, architecture best practices, and increased team collaboration. Find out more. All Tablets White Papers
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator...
- The Foundation You Need to Build a Better Storage Infrastructure Watch this webcast to hear how you can maximize the economics of your data center by modifying your storage footprint and power usage...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few.
- Technology for Everyone A Kansas school district modernizes teaching and learning and paves the way to a one-to-one program with a comprehensive upgrade of its wireless...
- All Tablets Webcasts