More Netbooks News
Apple today confirmed that it will webcast the keynote at its Worldwide Developers Conference next Monday.
Intel is preparing a new 'Braswell' chip to succeed its power-efficient Bay Trail processor found in PCs besides working on bringing over 20 Chromebook designs to the market this year.
Apple sold 14% fewer iPads in the quarter that ended June 30 than in the same quarter last year, while the revenue from those sales plummeted by 27%. The solution? Cut prices, say analysts.
PC shipments in Western Europe declined by 20.5% during the first quarter: The only vendors to see shipments grow were Lenovo and Apple, which returned to the top five.
Google today announced a new low-priced clamshell-style Samsung Chromebook computer for $249 that runs the Chrome OS.
Toshiba said Tuesday it will soon begin mass production of a new line of hybrid disk drives equipped with flash memory, touting them as a low-cost replacement for the solid-state drives used in ultrabook and laptop computers.
Notebooks equipped with hard drives will dominate the market for years to come, meaning the market for notebooks with SSDs pose no threat, according to a new report from iSuppli.
InfoWorld's tech pros walk you through all the steps in bringing smartphones, tablets, and other personal devices into the enterprise Insider (registration required)
Learn how to take control of and benefit from the bring-your-own-devices (BYOD) phenomenon -- without losing corporate data. This free, downloadable special edition describes what your BYOD policy should cover and outlines the risks you need to manage. Insider (registration required)
Stronger-than-expected sales of Windows helped Microsoft post a 6% increase in revenue for the first quarter of 2012, the company said yesterday.
Google is making changes to its Chrome OS to reduce the number of times that Chromebooks drop their connections to Wi-Fi networks, an issue some users have complained about for months.
Apple sold more iPad tablets last quarter than any single PC maker sold personal computers. Will tablet sales eventually surpass PC sales?
Intel is taking on the burgeoning tablet market by working on hybrid ultrabooks that look and act like both laptops and tablets.
Dell has confirmed that it has ceased production of its Inspiron Mini netbook computer, in effect ending its pursuit of the receding netbook market, at least for consumer sales.
Sprint Nextel is ending unlimited data plans for all devices except smartphones, bringing the era of all-you-can-eat mobile data in the U.S. nearer to a close.
Asus has unveiled its first ultrabook, called the Asus ZenBook, a sub-$1,000, thin, brushed-steel laptop computer aimed to compete with Apple's MacBook Air, as well as with the emerging tablet market.
When Hugh Owen wakes up in the morning, the first thing he reaches for after the alarm clock is his iPad 2. Even before he gets out of bed, he's started reviewing the flock of corporate reports on yesterday's metrics and today's plans. Insider (registration required)
The lucky people who managed to buy a $99 TouchPad before they sold out just got luckier: A group of developers is working on a way to load Android onto the tablets.
Samsung announced it is shipping to laptop and tablet manufacturers a new 512GB SSD that uses the SATA 3.0 interconnect specification, which doubles throughput from SATA 2.0's 3Gbit/sec to 6Gbit/sec.
After a short delay, Acer has started shipping its AC700 laptop with Google's Chrome OS in the U.S., priced at $349.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers
- Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services
- Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud
- This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America
- Cloud-enabled managed hosting brings cloudlike consumption and provisioning attributes to the traditional managed hosting market
- IDC ranks IBM #1 in market share for enterprise social software
- IDC ranks IBM #1 in worldwide market share for 3 consecutive years. IDC also shares its Social Software 2013 - 2017 market forecast.... All Netbooks White Papers
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- All Netbooks Webcasts