More iOS News
Look for Apple to "set the world on fire" later this year with huge sales of the next iPhone.
Apple's grip on the tablet is loosening, with the iPad losing ground during the second quarter this year to Android and Windows tablets.
Apple announced it sold 13.3 million iPads in the second quarter, a year-over-year drop of 9%, the second straight quarter of declining numbers, and blamed a slowdown in developed markets.
Red Alert: Israel is a free app for both iOS and Android that provides real-time alerts when missiles or rockets are fired into Israel. It's also become a specialized kind of social network.
Register your opinion on who gets the most out of the Apple-IBM pact.
The Apple-IBM partnership will have little effect on Microsoft's dominance in the enterprise, or drastically change its mutating mobile strategy.
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
The business-focused deal between Apple and IBM unveiled Tuesday is 'brilliant,' one analyst said, noting that Apple now gets into the enterprise through the front door rather than the back.
Apple and IBM today unveiled an "exclusive partnership" that melds IBM's big data and analytics capabilities with Apple's iPhone and iPad for business customers..
Apple on Saturday quickly denied claims by China's state-run television that its iPhones track owners' locations.
China's state-run TV is telling iPhone owners that the device is a threat to national security because it tracks their movements.
Several analysts argue that Samsung's warning about Q3 profits is due to its strategy of competing on price.
Apple began its annual back-to-school promotion in the U.S., once again reprising a gift card deal for customers who buy eligible hardware.
Wal-Mart today chopped prices of Apple's iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C to $99 and $29, respectively, with a two-year carrier contract.
Google this week offered a partial answer to Apple's Continuity technology, announcing a system that will let Android-powered smartphones interact with Chrome OS on Chromebooks.
Apple today cut prices of its iPod Touch as sales of that device and others in the iPod lineup have plummeted.
A new jailbreak for Apple's iOS software that uses confidential information intended only for security researchers could develop into a more sinister attack, according to security analysts.
Expect more wearables, robots and even electric cars to come from manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group, as the Taiwanese company tries to reinvent itself as a broader technology service provider.
Apple's "Handoff" -- one of the key new features of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite -- will work only on newer Macs that support Bluetooth 4.0 and the Bluetooth LE (low energy) technology.
Apple may have kicked off its health and fitness emphasis in iOS 8 at just the right time, mobile analytics firm Flurry suggested today.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Cloud Backup
- IT departments are embracing cloud backup, but there's a lot you need to know before choosing a service provider. Learn all the critical...
- The 5 Big Lies About Going Mobile
- You've heard about the power of mobile to change your business. But have you realized your mobile potential? It's about much more than...
- BYOP: How Mobile and Social Are Creating New User Personas
- The digital world of mobile + social creates new customer segments and behaviors. Companies need to reorient their customer interactions around these segments...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context
- This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk
- This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this... All iOS White Papers
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- All iOS Webcasts