More Data Storage News
AMD said Tuesday that it will sell three 2.5-inch SSDs manufactured by enthusiast house OCZ, allowing AMD to offer high-speed storage alongside microprocessors and graphics chips.
The Ultra II SSD is a follow-up to the consumer-grade Ultra Plus SSD released last year that increases performance while slashing the price point.
Microsoft has tweaked the controls in SharePoint Online to let administrators make better use of storage resources allocated to SharePoint websites.
Small businesses are growing up when it comes to data, investing in bigger and smarter storage systems that can be shared among PCs, tablets and smartphones.
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
Dropbox has improved the search engine of its Android application, as well as given it a document preview feature.
Information leaked from an AMD site in China shows the company plans to release a series of solid-state drives for gamers and professionals later this year.
It's time for enterprise applications and storage to work more closely together, even to the point where SSDs become a pool of computing power, according to Samsung Semiconductor.
Samsung Semiconductor continues to pack data more into solid-state storage, announcing Tuesday a new generation of its V-NAND technology that should help bring down the cost and power consumption of flash later this year.
Storage technologies much faster than NAND flash aren't expected to reach most smartphones and data centers for years, but preparations are already underway in order to make the most of them when they arrive.
At least one model of Samsung's most advanced Pro-series SSD became available on Newegg on Thursday, and the website said it's taking pre-orders for other models that will be available by the end of the month.
A shortage of solid-state drives for ultrathin laptops and hybrids will cause prices to flatten next year after dropping for the last several years, with lower prices coming again in 2016, according to a market analysis.
IBM is offering a potentially powerful incentive in its attempts to entice organizations to move supercomputing jobs to the cloud: a high-speed network communications link called InfiniBand.
Seagate announced today that Roku set-top boxes will now have a channel to connect to Wireless Plus hard drives for streaming movies, music and photos stored on the drives.
Dropbox will continue beefing up the business version of its cloud storage and file sharing service, adding security features to shared links, full-text search capabilities and new tools for enterprise developers.
Breaking up is hard to do, but could a split be in store soon for EMC and VMware?
Intel today unveiled its Pro 2500 series of flash drives, which include 2.5-in. drives and M.2 flash cards for mobile devices.
Western Digital is shipping two new 6TB hard drives as it tries to make its highest-capacity storage products affordable.
Microsoft has begun boosting the free allowance of its OneDrive cloud-based storage service to one terabyte for subscribers to consumer and college student Office 365 plans.
Microsoft Azure just became the next cloud connection for NetApp Private Storage, which can already link enterprise storage to Amazon Web Services.
Register for FREE now! »
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
Lighting Up Dark Data
- Only a quarter of stored data has clear business value-and given the costs and complexity of today's storage environments, that's an alarming statistic....
An Insightful Approach to Optimizing Mainframe MLC Spend
- This paper discusses how you can penetrate the complexity of IBM mainframe MLC products and the MLC price model to gain insight into...
Capacity Management via DCIM: Real-Time Data Center Intelligence Pays Off
- Effective data center capacity planning must proactively manage rack space, power, cooling and network connectivity. To prevent data center resources from becoming inefficient...
State of Cloud Security Report
- In a relatively short time, cloud computing, specifically Infrastructure-as a-Service, has shifted from a new but unproven approach to an accepted, even inevitable,...
Why Dell PowerEdge VRTX for ROBO and Small Offices
- Remote and branch offices, as well as small business, often have the dilemma of balancing office productivity with the complexity of providing IT...
All Data Storage White Papers