More Financial IT News
While China's demand for electronics continues to soar, the tech services market may be shrinking for U.S. enterprise vendors. Security concerns over U.S. secret surveillance are giving the Chinese government and local companies more reason to trust domestic vendors, according to industry experts.
The ISIS Mobile Wallet went live on Thursday, bringing NFC-powered shopping to consumers across the U.S. through a venture backed by three of the nation's top four carriers.
Malicious software aimed at stealing online banking credentials surged in the third quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2002, according to a new report from Trend Micro.
Aiming to produce more electronics with the "Made in USA" label, Foxconn Technology Group said it was considering setting up a factory in Arizona to build TVs, display panels and product casings.
The PCI Security Standards Council updated its security standard, adding new requirements and guidance for payment-card industry organizations, including merchants, payment processors, financial institutions and service providers.
Apple plans to build a components plant in Mesa, Ariz., that will run entirely on renewable energy.
A new variant of a Trojan program that targets online banking accounts also contains code to search if infected computers have SAP client applications installed, suggesting that attackers might target SAP systems in the future.
Bitpay, a company that lets businesses accept payments in the Bitcoin virtual currency, has just processed its first US$1 million transaction.
A malicious software program found in ATMs in Mexico has been improved and translated into English, which suggests it may be used elsewhere, according to security vendor Symantec.
If your company isn't fully taking advantage of social media, it might be missing out on opportunities to connect with customers, gain market share and bring needed talent into the organization.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has upheld an import ban on some older-model Samsung Electronics smartphones and tablets after the U.S. International Trade Commission determined they infringed Apple patents.
SAP's venture capital arm has raised $1 billion over the past year as the company tries to land stakes in hot startup companies, both to generate profit down the road and to align itself with the industry's newest technologies.
Microsoft is entering China's gaming market with a new joint venture, the latest sign that its Xbox console soon arrive in the country.
Another company acquired about 75% of Lincoln Trust, along with its technology, which left the CTO with a pressing need for a new technology platform.
At least three U.S. banks have lost millions of dollars after fraudsters gained control of payment applications that control wire transfers.
Nasdaq's unprecedented trading halt today stemmed from a technical glitch with a core data feed that disseminates market data for Nasdaq-listed securities.
All trading on the NASDAQ market was halted on Thursday for more than two hours due to a glitch in a system used to disseminate trading information. Trades were set to resume by mid-afternoon.
Heading into the heart of hurricane season 10 months after Sandy slammed the New York metropolitan area, Wall Street has had time to reassess and revamp backup plans.
After the terrorist strikes of Sept. 11, 2001, the New York Stock Exchange learned some valuable lessons in keeping a time-sensitive financial trading network alive during a time of crisis.
The Netherlands banking regulator has approved Amazon Web Services for use by financial organizations, Amazon said on Monday.
Computerworld's Best Places to Work in IT 2013 list featured Quicken Loans, Securian, Vanguard and other top finance organizations. Honorees say the distinction helps them recruit top talent and boost staff morale.
Want to join this elite group? Nominate your organization for our 2014 list.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time
- This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price
- In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Hedge Your Bets
- This report explains how visibility and increased governance is key to reducing risk.
- In the Firing Line
- CEOs Are Increasingly Being Held Accountable; How susceptible is the CEO's reputation to poor performance across the project portfolio?
- The CISO's Guide To Virtualization Security
- This guide describes the security challenges within virtualized environments and shows how to apply the concepts of Forrester's Zero Trust Model of information... All Financial IT White Papers
- Live Webcast Research Report: The Big Data Opportunity for HR and Finance If CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and CHROs want to drive their businesses forward, they will need to quickly recognize the enormous value of big...
- Live Webcast The Freedom to Run Your Business Your Way Vendors are challenged to create flexible systems that customers can tailor to particular business strategies and industry needs. But the flexibility should not...
- Live Webcast The Business Value of Human Capital Management for Finance View now >>
- HR and Finance Were made for Each Other View now >>
- The Value of Human Capital for Finance Professionals View now >>
- The Business Value of Human Capital Management for Finance View now >>
- The Freedom to Run Your Business Your Way Vendors are challenged to create flexible systems that customers can tailor to particular business strategies and industry needs. But the flexibility should not...
- Research Report: The Big Data Opportunity for HR and Finance If CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and CHROs want to drive their businesses forward, they will need to quickly recognize the enormous value of big...
- All Financial IT Webcasts