Business Intelligence/Analytics Topic Center
Business intelligence and analytics news, in-depth articles and more
The R programming language is quickly gaining popularity over the traditional statistics packages such as SPSS, SAS and MATLAB, at least according to one data statistician who teaches the language.
Philadelphia is set to use a slew of Salesforce.com technologies in order to create a next-generation version of its 311 system for public information and citizen reporting of nonemergency situations around the city.
Microsoft has added some new smarts to its Bing search engine that lets you phrase queries in a way that feels more natural.
Adatao is the latest in a big wave of startups promising to make business intelligence easier and more accessible for the masses, but the company stands out in a few ways -- most notably, it tries to bridge the gap between non-technical business professionals and the data scientists that many companies employ to make sense of the massive flood of data pouring in.
National Express is using QlikView business intelligence tools to improve fleet management and monitor customer service, replacing the spreadsheets it previously used for data analysis.
Aiming to expand its operational intelligence capabilities, Splunk today unveiled Splunk App for Stream, which the company says is a free addition to Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud that makes it easy to capture wire data and combine it with the machine-generated data Splunk already captures and analyzes.
Most over-hyped technology trends wear out their welcome pretty quickly, which should make skeptics among us wary about Big Data. However, while Big Data is being touted as the latest trend that will change the world, the skeptics aren't as, well, skeptical as they were about cloud and social.
Hewlett-Packard is betting $50 million that its customers will find value in the Hadoop data processing platform by investing in Hadoop distributor Hortonworks.
Oracle is combining its BlueKai consumer data aggregation platform with other parts of its catalog to create Oracle Data Cloud, a data-as-a-service offering aimed at companies that want to reach customers and prospects across multiple channels.
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
Historically, cloud BI has been mostly used by smaller businesses, but larger enterprises are starting to make the trek.
Its fast and robust data processing and storage power make Hadoop both wildly popular and wildly complex. Here's how four IT leaders have managed to bring Hadoop systems from the sandbox into production.
With straightforward data access, automated modeling, and easy reporting tools, cloud-based Birst Enterprise is the data warehouse for the rest of us
According to Gartner, business Intelligence and analytics will remain a top focus for CIOs through 2017, with companies spending millions on traditional BI software, cloud BI services and now mobile apps and even social BI. However, as the type and number of BI solutions has grown, so too has the possibility of failure, of picking the wrong business intelligence software for your business problem or problems or of having end users not understand or properly use the solution.
Is do-it-yourself (DIY) search engine optimization (SEO) possible if you lack SEO experience?
This year's CIO 100 honorees collectively spent more than $502 million on their technology projects, and many of the winning efforts focus on using advanced analytics to create new sources of revenue, improve customer experience and increase competitive advantage.
Hive's SQL-like query language and vastly improved speed on huge data sets make it the perfect partner for an enterprise data warehouse
Few security executives at global enterprises--or even at smaller organizations--have not had to deal with issues related to social media, mobile technology, big data/analytics, or cloud computing.
"In 2013, we estimated that the NAC market was 350 million dollars, which was an increase of about 55-percent over 2012," says Lawrence Orans, Research Vice President, Gartner, Inc. According to Orans, Gartner expects that growth to slow in 2014, with an estimated increase of 45-percent over 2013 numbers. Burgeoning enterprise BYOD concerns have been the major drivers in that growth, says Orans. NAC vendor ForeScout is integrating its capabilities with those of Invincea in order to further abate those concerns.
Companies are having to be pickier about which data sets they collect, process and use. It's all about having the right architecture in place.
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Data Visualization Techniques: From Basics to Big Data with SAS Visual Analytics
- This paper discusses some of the basic issues concerning data visualization, from data size and column composition, to solving unique challenges presented by...
- Best Practices in SAS Data Management for Big Data
- Big data trends and related technologies are becoming important to organizations of all types and sizes. This paper introduces the most important technologies...
- Fast and Furious: How SAS VA Helps IT Deliver BI Platform
- Read this whitepaper to learn more about the benefits of self-service BI to make business critical decisions.
- Understanding Big Data Quality for Maximum Information Usability
- In this paper we examine some of the challenges presented by managing the quality and governance of big data, and how those can...
- Roles and Responsibilities in Data Management for Big Data
- How do we plan for an information technology future that is increasingly decentralized and augmented by new technologies and value-add service providers? The... All Business Intelligence/Analytics White Papers
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the...
- Fundamentals of the Unified Communications BE 6000 The Cisco Business Edition 6000 delivers the superior performance, system redundancy, and broad application integration you need. Well suited for businesses with 100...
- Cisco Collaboration for Midsize Business Learn what Cisco Collaboration Solutions can do for your midsize business. In this 2-minute video, see how collaboration tools can make your business...
- All Business Intelligence/Analytics Webcasts