More Smartphones In Depth
Samsung's Galaxy S5 Android phone follows a very popular predecessor, but the latest version doesn't stand out in a sea of thoughtfully designed competitors.
JR Raphael compares the images from a Samsung Galaxy S5 camera to an HTC One (M8) camera.
HTC is working to bring a sense of luxury to its smartphones -- and with its new HTC One (M8), it's closer than ever to delivering the ultimate high-end device.
And what is going to have to happen before we see that we must set the smartest minds on coming up with newer, safer and less complicated security methods?
You can shoot some great videos with your Android smartphone, but can you edit them? We review five apps that represent the best video editing options available on the platform today.
Google has unveiled what is almost certainly the most interesting phone of the year. It's part of Project Tango
The smartphone giant's troubles are deeper than its big drop in quarterly profits.
The new LG G Flex Android smartphone has a curved design, flexible body, and 'self-healing' skin. Does that make a difference in real-world use?
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
We all love getting new gadgets, but what to do with the old ones? Here are 18 superb ways to put your old Android phone or tablet to good use.
Sony's new Android phone, the Xperia Z1S, combines a distinctive design and premium build with stellar stamina and an underwater-capable camera.
Smartphones have become so integrated into our daily lives that some people just love them. So what happens when they give love back? That's premise of the new movie Her, which opens nationwide today.
If you got a new smartphone, tablet or computer for the holidays, these Computerworld stories can help you get acquainted with new OSes, find great apps and accessories, safely dispose of your old devices and more.
Most budget phones offer a sub-par experience, but the new Moto G provides an excellent experience at a low off-contract price. So is this the phone for you?
From audio gear to gadgets, smartphones to stocking stuffers, we've rounded up the best tech gear to give and get this year. Search, sort or browse our list of ideas to find the perfect gift.
Martha Stewart wants to show you horrible pictures of nauseating-looking food for some reason. Mike Elgan finds this personally vexing.
The new HTC One Max Android smartphone has a gorgeous 5.9-in. display and outstanding speakers -- but be ready to deal with some serious smartphone bulk.
The rock: Users want to use their smartphones for work. The hard place: Security is deficient. All CIOs are caught between the two.
Part 3 of our annual offering of gift suggestions has recommendations for iPhones, Android phones and Windows phones; we also have a wide range of cool and useful add-ons.
Google's Nexus 5 offers a high-end Android experience at a low unlocked price -- but is it worth owning? Here's a detailed look at what the phone's like to use in the real world.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Path Selection Infographic
- Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic
- A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era
- From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs
- If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Computing eGuide
- In this eGuide, CIO, Computerworld, and InfoWorld offer advice, tips, news, and predictions regarding cloud implementations in the coming year and beyond. Read... All Smartphones White Papers
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and...
- All Smartphones Webcasts