PCs Topic Center
Trends, news, reviews and more about PCs
IBM and Apple have a history of working together that dates back more than 20 years.
Ralph Whitworth, who'd been chairman of Hewlett-Packard for just over a year, is resigning from his job for health reasons, HP said on Tuesday.
Intel's answer to the popular $25 Raspberry Pi credit-card sized PC, the Galileo Gen2, is set to be available in August for around $60.
Vizio's two-year run in the PC market has hit a wall, and its existing laptops, desktops and tablets are quickly disappearing as the company re-evaluates its product mix.
Microsoft COO Kevin Turner acknowledged today that his company's operating systems power only a small fraction of all devices worldwide.
Upgrades from Windows XP PCs to newer computers during the second quarter perked up the PC market, which inched closer to positive quarterly shipment growth.
The rumors of the PC's demise have been greatly exaggerated, analysts say.
Microsoft's Windows OS could play a crucial rule in returning worldwide PC shipments to modest growth next year after multiple years of decline, Gartner said on Monday.
Microsoft may pitch its Surface Pro 3 as a notebook replacement, but to do-it-yourselfers, it's a tablet pure and simple, iFixit concluded today.
The first software updates to improve functionality, including enterprise use, are out from Dell for its thumb-size PC, the Wyse Cloud Connect.
AMC's new TV series harks back to the early days of PCs -- but drama, not desktops, takes center stage.
Tablets haven't killed off the PC market, which is about to return from a downturn.
For Dell, reports of the personal computer's death have been greatly exaggerated. In fact, the company's seeing good growth from its PC and thin client lines. Credit new designs, higher screen resolutions, a program for helping users migrate from Windows XP -- and a steadfast refusal to believe the hype about the death of the PC.
Dell's Original Equipment Manufacturer division makes custom PCs for companies in a variety of industries. It also makes money. With sales of plain ol' out-of-the-box machines on the decline, this might point to the future of the PC.
If you're having a rough time with your Windows 8 computer, several options are available to smooth out the bumps
Microsoft appears to be backing off on its biggest user interface fiasco since Microsoft Bob: In the Windows 8.1 update, the desktop rather than Metro reportedly will be the default interface.
Rumors about Apple building a very large iPad have been unavoidable for seven months. But does a giant iPad make sense?
If you got a new smartphone, tablet or computer for the holidays, these Computerworld stories can help you get acquainted with new OSes, find great apps and accessories, safely dispose of your old devices and more.
Michael Dell and Silver Lake's decision to raise the offer to take Dell private is a concession that rival Carl Icahn and affiliate parties may have an upper hand in the wrangling to take over the company, observers of the deal said.
Matchbox computers -- small but powerful open-source devices -- are a good way to build your own system and/or carry it with you. We look at the phenomenon and offer a slideshow of examples.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers
- Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services
- Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud
- This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America
- Cloud-enabled managed hosting brings cloudlike consumption and provisioning attributes to the traditional managed hosting market
- IDC ranks IBM #1 in market share for enterprise social software
- IDC ranks IBM #1 in worldwide market share for 3 consecutive years. IDC also shares its Social Software 2013 - 2017 market forecast.... All PCs White Papers
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- All PCs Webcasts