More Mobile Security In Depth
Today's security suites try to protect all (or most) of your devices, and provide Web-based management. We examine how seven major applications compare in terms of features, ease of use and which devices they actually protect.
More so than Web-based applications, mobile apps tend to have security design flaws that attackers can exploit. (Insider; registration required)
The evidence keeps mounting that companies that put out mobile apps are not paying nearly enough attention to security. Even big companies with large and experienced IT staffs are guilty.
Confidential company data can make its way onto mobile devices, where it's no longer under the protection of your toughest network defenses. Does that make your data vulnerable? To find out, review some strategies for preventing data loss on mobile devices.
In the past week, two new ultra secure smartphones have been in the news. One is called the Blackphone. The other is called the Black phone. The difference in their names is a space. Here's what we know about the two most secure smartphones ever created.
A new call for transparency about what data mobile apps are retaining sounds fine and noble, but too many companies don't even know what their apps know about consumers.
, the open source software management company, picks the top 10 open source projects launched in the past year, based on stats collected from the
The use of personal devices on the network has gotten out of control. Mobile device management could help, and it will play well with newly deployed NAC.
iPhones, iPads, BlackBerrys, Androids -- learn how to secure whatever smartphones and tablets your employees have
The iPhone 5S is the first smartphone with fingerprint authentication. It's not perfect, but it could herald a new emphasis on security for mobile devices.
BlackBerry 10 smartphone sales have been disappointing, and last week the company announced that it's essentially up for sale. Bad news aside, five key industry trends suggest that BlackBerry's purported advantages no longer matter.
For the past several months, security veteran Aaron Turner has been making the rounds at industry events presenting some pretty disturbing information about the state of mobile security.
Business travelers willing to give Windows 8 a spin have a noteworthy option in the HP Folio Elitebook Folio 9470m. Attractively slim and lightweight, this 14-inch Ultrabook delivers an assortment of business-oriented features, including a fingerprint scanner, a smart-card slot, and a solid-state drive that boosts performance on any task involving retrieval of data from storage. The battery life, while not outstanding, should get you through a cross-country flight.
For years, information security experts have predicted a spike in mobile malware. Will 2013 be the year of mobile attacks? And what other security threats are on the horizon?
If you travel to China or Russia, assume government or industry spooks will steal your data and install spyware. Here's how to thwart them
With online holiday shopping on the rise, and mobile-device shopping coming into its own, the need to be aware of the necessary security precautions has grown.
Three decades into the digital revolution, passwords are still complicated, ineffective and a drain on IT's resources. What gives?
Several years ago, the National Security Administration wasted millions on a circuit-switched approach to mobile security strategy. With help from the Department of Defense, the NSA is doing things differently now. Enterprise CIOs can learn a few things from the effort, too.
What to do if you have data on your iPhone or other iOS device that you want to protect.
Savvy IT leaders are mapping out strategies for balancing the risks and benefits of employee use of mobile devices. Their plans often include the use of new tools and services.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Pragmatic Endpoint Management: Empowering an SMB Workforce in the Age of Mobility
- Lacking the time for proper training and education, SMB administrators often resort to taking shortcuts to keep their environment running.This paper discusses the...
- Improve Your Mobile Application Security with IBM Worklight
- IBM® Worklight helps organizations extend their business across multiple mobile devices. It provides an open, comprehensive and advanced mobile application platform to help...
- Top 3 Iron-Clad Reasons Why File Sync/Share is Not Endpoint Backup
- Employees unknowingly create corporate data security risks by adopting these easy-to-use, personal applications. Read this executive brief to learn more.
- Security Technologies for Mobile and BYOD
- With so many security technologies available, how do you sort through the options and pick the solutions that will really work for your...
- Know the Big Three
- How do you protect your mobile applications? Check out this whitepaper on three of the top mobile application security threats facing businesses today... All Mobile Security White Papers
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and...
- All Mobile Security Webcasts