Ultrabooks Topic Center
Ultrabook news, in-depth articles and more
Western Digital is now shipping what it said is the world's first 2.5-inch, 5mm hard drives and solid-state hybrid drives (SSHDs) for use in ultra-slim notebooks.
Booming sales of tablets, smartphones and solid-state drives (SSDs) are taking a toll on hard-disk drive sales, revenue from which is expected to drop by about 12% this year.
A new generation of lower-cost and more appealing ultrabooks is expected to lead to a more than doubling of global shipments of SSDs in 2013, according to IHS iSuppli.
The PC market may be taking a beating but chip maker Advanced Micro Devices is has no plans to move toward the hot new market: smartphones.
Hewlett-Packard has priced its new Pavilion Touchsmart Sleekbook laptop at $699, claiming it's the most affordable device in its category.
Worldwide ultrabook shipments are falling short -- way short-- of expectations, according to a report from IHS iSuppli released Monday.
If the PC industry can't come up with a better way to make the PC a part of our Internet-crazed lives, then it will continue down its current path to becoming a has-been in the high-tech world, says Intel CTO Justin Rattner.
Sprint has become the first U.S. wireless carrier to offer an ultrabook, which is being sold with a 3G/4G mobile hotspot device at no added cost.
Apple did something very unusual at WWDC on Monday: It dropped the price of three of the four models in its signature MacBook Air line by $100.
Lenovo is working to surpass HP as the top PC maker in the world and executives think pushing ultrabooks is the way to make that happen.
We test Lenovo's latest ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch ultrabook, which is sleek and powerful, offers an impressive display and comes with an interesting keyboard innovation.
Toshiba's new KiraBook ultrabook offers a sleek, rich look along with high-end components, including a fine display and great speakers. The question is: Can you afford it?
A crop of ultrabooks is being introduced for the new Windows 8 operating system. We examine the HP Envy TouchSmart, Sony Vaio T13 and Toshiba Portege Z935 to see how they shape up.
Need some help choosing holiday presents for the technology fans on your gift list? We've rounded up this year's best tech gifts, from tablets and HDTVs to smartphones, laptops and an array of other gadgets and accessories.
Lenovo's new ThinkPad X1 Carbon ultrabook is fast, stylish and lightweight, although the price is slightly higher than some of its rivals.
HP's new Envy Sleekbook 6-1010us offers an alternative to higher-priced ultrabooks: It's not as fast, but it's got a fine display and great audio.
Intel's new Ivy Bridge processor is supposed to add high performance and long battery life to next-gen notebooks. We test Fujitsu's Lifebook U772 and Lenovo's ThinkPad X230 to see if it's true.
Dell has introduced its XPS 13 ultrabook, a light, well-designed laptop that offers an impressive balance of style and performance.
The new line of ultrabook notebooks are thin, lightweight and elegant. But do they deliver all they promise? We put Acer's Aspire S3 and Asus' Zenbook UX31 to the test.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Logicalis eBook: SAP HANA: The Need for Speed
- Without timely business insights, organizations today can suffer logistical, manufacturing, and even financial disaster in a matter of minutes
- Neustar 2014 DDoS Attacks and Impact Report
- For the third consecutive year, Neustar surveyed hundreds of companies on distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. The survey reveals evidence that the...
- Acxiom Case Study
- This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- Windows® XP Migration: Protect and Secure Critical Data
- With the end of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system's lifecycle on April 8, 2014, businesses are faced with the decision to migrate...
- Exponentially Accelerate Data Protection and Recovery with Simpana 10 IntelliSnap® Snapshot Management Technology
- Are you making the best use of your storage array snapshot functionality? CommVault Simpana 10 IntelliSnap technology manages hardware-based snapshots across multiple vendor... All Ultrabooks White Papers
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control.
Enhance Your Virtualization Infrastructure With IBM and Vmware
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Virtualization technology is now expanding beyond the server compute elements to encompass networking and storage...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- All Ultrabooks Webcasts