More Tablets In Depth
Flop or not? Users will soon decide whether Office for the iPad is the greatest thing since Flappy Birds or the next Microsoft Kin. What's a Kin, you ask? Exactly.
Samsung's new Galaxy Note Pro 12.2-in. Android tablet has a great display and a lot of useful features. Matt Hamblen tried it out as a laptop replacement and reports back.
We all love getting new gadgets, but what to do with the old ones? Here are 18 superb ways to put your old Android phone or tablet to good use.
If you got a new smartphone, tablet or computer for the holidays, these Computerworld stories can help you get acquainted with new OSes, find great apps and accessories, safely dispose of your old devices and more.
From audio gear to gadgets, smartphones to stocking stuffers, we've rounded up the best tech gear to give and get this year. Search, sort or browse our list of ideas to find the perfect gift.
The new iPad Mini with Retina display offers a no-compromise option for tablet fans who want the speed of an iPad Air and the portability of the smaller iPad.
Part 4 of our annual gift guide showcases the best Android, iOS and Windows tablets, plus some choice tablet stands, cases and other add-ons.
Dell's new Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 tablet offers users a fine display, good features and impressive audio -- at a reasonable price.
Having spent a few weeks with the new iPad Air, columnist Michael deAgonia is ready to declare that it's a stunning improvement on what was already a rightfully successful tablet.
Lenovo's new Yoga Tablet has an innovative form with a built-in stand and exceptionally long battery life. But the rest of its features aren't quite as high-end.
In the life of every device, there's a moment when you wonder whether it's finally obsolete. If you're wondering that about the original iPad, columnist Michael deAgonia has some advice.
Jason Snell gets his hands on the new iPad Mini with Retina display. Can its small size beat out the iPad Air for a place in his heart and his backpack? After half a day with it, he shares his first impressions.
The first thing you notice when you pick up Apple's new iPad Air is how light it feels. But there's more to the Air than it's new slender look and feel. Michael deAgonia offers his first impressions of the new tablet.
Toshiba's new low-cost convertible Satellite Click features a 13-in. Windows 8 tablet that snaps into its own keyboard.
Microsoft has upgraded its Windows RT tablet: The new Surface 2 offers a well-built case, better performance, a great display and the same old operating system.
Apple's A7 chip has trickled down to the latest iPad Air after being introduced in the iPhone 5S, and users will see more benefits of the 64-bit chip in tablets than in smartphones, analysts say.
Whoever becomes Microsoft's new CEO needs to create a culture that encourages employees to voice ideas.
The joys of mobile computing are not without a downside. A wide range of diseases, disorders and syndromes have emerged around our growing gadget habit.
With the release of Windows 8.1 next week will come new tablets with Intel's latest Atom chip code-named Bay Trail. The tablets, with starting prices from $299 to $350, include Dell"s Venue 8 Pro, Toshiba's Encore and Asustek"s Transformer Book T100. More models will ship in the coming months.
Although iOS 7 has only been out for about three weeks, more than two-thirds of users have already upgraded. Not surprisingly, a few glitches have shown up. Jonny Evans explains how to fix them.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Tablets in the Enterprise: A Checklist for Successful Deployment
- How can you enterprise manage and secure tablets in order to protect corporate data while providing access to the information and applications employees...
- Path Selection Infographic
- Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic
- A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era
- From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs
- If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity... All Tablets White Papers
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and...
- All Tablets Webcasts