More Mobile Device Management In Depth
With its Enterprise Mobility Suite, Microsoft will make it easier for companies to manage a range of devices, including those running Apple's iOS and Google's Android. It's a smart move, says columnist Ryan Faas.
As mobile device management continues to morph, consider what's 'good enough' for what you need right now -- and don't neglect the user experience, whatever else you do.
Application management, security and a bunch of other features are now baked into MDM. Check out our mondo chart showing the features and functions you get with 11 different enterprise mobile device management products.
How three companies are coping -- even thriving -- amid the Android explosion. Insider (registration required)
Bringing mobility to the enterprise is like wrestling with an octopus. Here's how Electronic Arts, Case Western University and Needham Bank are taming the beast.
In the future, phones, tablets and wearable computing gadgets won't come with chargers -- they'll use inductive chargers built into desks, kitchen counters, bedside tables, cars and other surfaces.
In this installation of the IDG Enterprise CEO Interview Series, Chief Content Officer John Gallant talks to AirWatch CEO John Marshall about the company's approach toward mobile, its $225 million in venture funding, and its new Content Locker product, which aims to help enterprises control data access from devices.
Customers are pushing the limits of the software -- asking it to manage and do many more things than it was originally created to do -- and vendors are happy to oblige.
Five tech departments share strategies for navigating the exploding demand for consumer gadgets at work. Insider (registration required)
As the mobile workforce continues to grow, IT execs must remember the importance of including mobile technology in their disaster recovery plans. Insider (registration required)
New containerization technologies can help BYOD initiatives succeed by creating separate spaces on smartphones for work and personal use.
When we tested mobile device management (MDM) last year, the products were largely focused on asset management - provisioning, protecting and containing mobile devices. Insider (registration required)
Savvy IT leaders are mapping out strategies for balancing the risks and benefits of employee use of mobile devices. Their plans often include the use of new tools and services.
Apple is clearly making it easy for businesses and IT departments to secure new iOS 6 features and is ramping up devise security in several ways. Columnist Ryan Faas offers an overview of what's new.
Forward-thinking tech execs are learning how to stop worrying and love the gadget, lest their business units attempt an end-run around IT. Insider (registration required)
Get started by focusing on the device(s) and the data plan, security issues and general policies.
Unified communications isn't easy or cheap, but for companies that want to differentiate their customer service, it's becoming a must-have. Insider (registration required)
Mobile apps that use your location to offer services are no longer new. But are they truly useful to businesses? We look at Facebook, Foursquare, Google Latitude and Yelp to see how they're doing.
Most businesses are accepting, even embracing, consumer technology. What do they know that you don't?
The burgeoning use of tablets in the workplace offers IT departments the opportunity to set up in-house app stores to manage the distribution of mobile applications.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Partners in Mobile Device Management: AirWatch & CDW
- When it comes to Mobile Device Management, it's not just what you know. It's who you know. That's why CDW partners with industry...
- Getting Agnostic about Mobile Devices
- The idea of being able to interact with customers, prospects, and stay attuned to competitive pressures is not new, but the velocity at...
- Logicalis eBook: SAP HANA: The Need for Speed
- Without timely business insights, organizations today can suffer logistical, manufacturing, and even financial disaster in a matter of minutes
- Neustar 2014 DDoS Attacks and Impact Report
- For the third consecutive year, Neustar surveyed hundreds of companies on distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. The survey reveals evidence that the...
- Acxiom Case Study
- This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity... All Mobile Device Management White Papers
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control.
Enhance Your Virtualization Infrastructure With IBM and Vmware
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Virtualization technology is now expanding beyond the server compute elements to encompass networking and storage...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- All Mobile Device Management Webcasts