More Tablets In Depth
There's no question that today's Microsoft is a whole new company. Many of the changes announced under the leadership of CEO Satya Nadella were initiated under his predecessor, Steve Ballmer. But it's clear that it's a whole new Microsoft.
Get the latest from Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona: News, reviews and more
Don't be fooled by the company's rocky 2013. There are strong signs that it has turned the corner.
Rumors about Apple building a very large iPad have been unavoidable for seven months. But does a giant iPad make sense?
Getting Windows Phone 8 Update 3, and eventually Windows Phone 8.1, on phablets is one thing, but getting a foothold in the low-end tablet market is a bigger opportunity.
Mike Elgan traveled over three continents in the past 18 months and has these tips for staying connected, keeping powered up and protecting your valuable gadgets from theft.
Phablets (phones + tablets) need wearable devices to make them powerful and mainstream, as well as acceptable in business. Here's one company that understands this.
A lot more innovation is desperately needed for mobile hardware design and platforms. Are Apple, Google, Samsung and Microsoft up to the task?
Digital nomad Mike Elgan returns to the U.S. after 10 months of travel and shares these tips for working and living abroad.
Microsoft needs to make up its mind whether it wants to stay a software company or if it's really serious about being a hardware power as well.
Textbooks aren't available for e-readers, and the children's literature that is available generally can't be searched by reading level.
Microsoft delivers an ultrabook in the sleek guise of a tablet.
Computerworld reporters and bloggers bring you full coverage of CES 2013.
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet goes on sale on Friday, starting at $499 for a 32GB model. It seems to be a rough-and-tumble device.
Acer's CEO tells Microsoft to 'think twice' about building tablets because it's "not something you are good at." Columnist Mike Elgan says the CEO should think twice about his statement, because he is wrong.
A new tablet is announced every day, it seems. To keep you up to date, our sortable table gathers key info about the latest devices, including screen size, OS, price, ship date, connectivity options and more.
Forward-thinking tech execs are learning how to stop worrying and love the gadget, lest their business units attempt an end-run around IT. Insider (registration required)
Apple's new iPad arrived Friday and, given the popularity of early sales, will be showing up this week at an office near you.
As more and more iPads, iPhones and Android devices show up in the workplace -- the 'bring your own device' trend writ large -- IT shops have to figure out how to manage and secure them all. Columnist Ryan Faas has some advice. (Insider, registration required)
Some IT shops have formal enterprise deployment strategies that address everything from security to app delivery and support.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Comprehensive Advanced Threat Defense
- The hot topic in the information security industry these days is "Advanced Threat Defense" (ATD). This paper describes a comprehensive, network-based approach to...
- Advanced Threat Defense: A Comprehensive Approach
- In this interview, Peter George, president, General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions, explains why we need more than anti-malware, and what constitutes a comprehensive...
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms
- Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- The Growing Demand for Rich Media
- This white paper discusses how IBM Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition can automate rich media workflows, from collaborating with creative agencies and...
- The Next Generation Employee Experience
- This white paper from IBM, showcases five organizations that are strategically integrating emerging social software and tools with their existing investments and seeing... All Tablets White Papers
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- All Tablets Webcasts