Cloud Security Topic Center
Cloud security news, in-depth articles and more
The CIA's decision to use Amazon's cloud is part of a broader IT shake-up to make the spy business more efficient.
Security concerns should not deter enterprises from using public cloud technologies when it makes business sense.
Instead of scaring businesses away from using hosted services, as some experts predicted, the leaking of classified documents detailing NSA data collection activities are driving some long overdue changes in enterprise and service provider security and privacy concerns.
Japanese NTT Communications has acquired Virtela Technology Services and a majority stake in RagingWire Data Centers as part of its worldwide data center and cloud push.
Developers who were able to bypass Dropbox's security by reverse-engineering Python applications -- the language used by the cloud storage provider -- described their technique in a published paper.
While online data storage services claim your data is encrypted, there are no guarantees. And with government surveillance programs crawling the web for metadata and email, there's little doubt online privacy can exist without strong safeguards.
Strip away preconceptions about why technology doesn't or shouldn't work and people are likely to embrace the change that tech brings. That's what electronic health record and practice management software vendor athenahealth learned when it helped a hospital in Haiti implement a cloud-based EHR system.
A growing number of SaaS providers offer secure encryption log-in to Dropbox and other cloud storage vendors, meaning even they can't access the data you store. And neither can the government.
Adobe Systems has appointed Brad Arkin, the company's senior director of security for products and services, to become its first CSO. With a mature product security program already in place, the top priorities for Adobe's new security chief are to strengthen the security of the company's hosted services and its internal infrastructure.
Businesses in new study were five times more likely to have decreased spending on managing security over three years as a percentage of their overall IT budget.
Cloud-based security cameras can keep watch on your home when you're not around. We tested 5 of these systems and report on our findings.
Cloud budgets are rising as IT confronts security and ROI challenges, according to the 2013 Cloud Computing Survey from IDG Enterprise (free download). (Insider: Registration required)
Neither federal and state law nor the courts have come close to catching up with the privacy implications of so much of our data existing in a realm beyond our complete control.
Inside the enterprise, the biggest obstacle to cloud computing is often the company's own corporate counsel. Here's how IT is getting to yes with legal.
Cloud service providers claim they can secure your data, but as the technology model is put to the test by more and more organizations, security holes, malware and other vulnerabilities are coming to light.
Infrastructure-as-a-service lets users take advantage of the benefits of the cloud without locking down to a particular cloud provider. But becoming 'cloud-agnostic' requires new tools and mindsets. Insider (registration required)
The risks are best mitigated by people who come from specific roles in your organization.
From implementing single sign-on to including social media in the lineup, shops are doing what they need to make the cloud work for them.
A third party can increase risk, so your contract should address this possibility.
As traditional security concepts of perimeter and end-point defense break down as a result of the proliferation of cloud services and the BYOD phenomenon, enterprises are increasingly feeling the need for greater control over access to applications. That's where automated identity and access management comes in.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Cloud Computing eGuide
- In this eGuide, CIO, Computerworld, and InfoWorld offer advice, tips, news, and predictions regarding cloud implementations in the coming year and beyond. Read...
- Enterprise Cloud Deployment Strategies
- A powerful and highly flexible solution, CrashPlan lets organizations select their preferred cloud deployment strategy, resting assured all strategies meet or exceed rigorous...
- When Disaster Tests Your Business, Cloud Communications Can Save It
- Find out why the survivors of Hurricane Sandy and other recent calamities say they wish they'd had cloud-based business VoIP communications, rather than...
- Forrester Report: The Rise of the New Cloud Admin
- There is a new administrator rising from within the business units who doesn't see private clouds as a linear progression from server virtualization...
- Logicalis eBook: SAP HANA: The Need for Speed
- Without timely business insights, organizations today can suffer logistical, manufacturing, and even financial disaster in a matter of minutes All Cloud Security White Papers
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control.
Enhance Your Virtualization Infrastructure With IBM and Vmware
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Virtualization technology is now expanding beyond the server compute elements to encompass networking and storage...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- All Cloud Security Webcasts