Consumerization of IT Topic Center
Consumerization of IT (CoIT) news, in-depth articles and more
Sony is making a push to sell high-definition music players, and 35 years after being launched its Walkman is making a small comeback.
An industrious design graduate from the University of Edinburgh has posted a 3D printing CAD file for a wrist ban that allows users to insert an iPod Nano, which can act as a watch, music player and more.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office served up further evidence on Tuesday that Apple is designing a smart watch when it awarded the company a patent for a wrist-worn gadget with a touchscreen and ability to communicate with a smartphone.
In its quest to help enterprises seek out and neutralize all threats to their Wi-Fi networks, AirMagnet is now looking to the skies.
If you're holding out for that multi-functional smartwatch of your dreams, Sony is working to add contactless payments to wearables with a new chip.
Sales of Xbox One gaming consoles more than doubled in the U.S. last month because of the introduction of a cheaper version of the console that doesn't include the Kinect motion sensor.
Amazon.com looks to be prepping a $9.99-a-month e-book and audiobook subscription service dubbed "Kindle Unlimited."
Visa announced a new simplified digital payment service called Visa Checkout, which is designed to allow customers to pay quickly for goods online on any connected device.
Google has reached a deal with Alcon to work together on smart contact lenses that can monitor diabetics' blood sugar levels.
After a successful Sunday launch, the Cygnus cargo spacecraft is on its way to the International Space Station, carrying a Google 3D smartphone, along with a flock of tiny satellites.
I'd never confuse Amazon, Facebook or doubleClick with the NSA, but I still don't like being tracked online. Tracking is more than just annoying; it lets unscrupulous companies that scarf up user data turn around and sell your information --A and despite statements to the contrary, the collection isn't always done anonymously.
Four companies that have been at BYOD for a while talk about how their programs have changed with the times. One key takeaway: Don't expect to save bundles of money. Insider (registration required)
But he's quite fond of your credit card.
My single favorite feature of the iPhone 5s is the Touch ID fingerprint scanner, which lets you unlock your device with the tap of a finger. So when Samsung recently sent me its new Galaxy Tab S 10.5" tablet for review, the first thing I did was test the Tab S fingerprint scanner.
The next phase in the evolution of wearable technology is upon us; brand-name fashion designers are joining the party, and style conscious women can now preorder a few different accessories to make their Fitbit Flex fitness trackers look less like wrist-worn rubber bands and more like pricey jewelry.
Getting employees to take security seriously can be a game that everyone wins.
Most of us would love a break on our health insurance. We would generally appreciate the convenience of seeing ads for things we're actually interested in buying, instead of irrelevant "clutter." A lot of us would like someone, or something, else keeping track of how effective our workouts are.
When people learn that I run marathons in addition to covering healthcare IT, it doesn't take long for them to ask, "Where's your fitness tracker?"
LinkedIn is an invaluable social network for business. Just last week, I landed a new gig by simply congratulating a former client on his new position via LinkedIn.
Earlier this week, I had an in-depth conversation with the man who created Google's Glass at Work program, Eric Johnsen. Glass at Work is a program that certifies Glass-related third-party apps and services for use in the enterprise.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Ponemon 2014 SSH Security Vulnerability Report
- According to research by the Ponemon Institute, 3 out of 4 enterprises have no security controls in place for SSH which leaves organizations...
- QA Automation: Reducing Test Execution While Improving Coverage
- A leading capital investment firm in the US was in need of a comprehensive, cost effective and flexible solution to reduce their existing...
- Learn why Analyst firm Ovum names SugarCRM a leading CRM
- Recommendations for Enterprises. View Now>>
- Printer Installer: Eliminating Print Servers
- Printer Installer is an on-premise web application that enables you to centrally manage and deploy Windows shared or direct iP printers.
- Meeting the Exploding Demand for New IT Services
- In this eBook, explore the top trends driving the New IT for IT Service Management, and how leading organizations are evolving to focus... All Consumerization of IT White Papers
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- All Consumerization of IT Webcasts