iOS Topic Center
iOS news, in-depth articles and more
Apple will integrate music identification technology created by Shazam into the next version of iOS, but could go much further than simple song naming.
Apple today announced that its annual developers conference will run June 2-6, and that it's copying Google's method of assigning tickets through a random drawing.
Former Apple CEO Steve Jobs declared 2011 the year of "holy war against Google" in an email to Apple executives ahead of an annual management retreat in late 2010.
LaCie announced it is releasing a 2TB version of its Fuel wireless hard drive.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella's first public appearance on Thursday was a hit with analysts, who gave him a thumbs up for his time on stage as the company unveiled Office for iPad.
Microsoft's new Office for iPad apps vaulted to the top of the free application chart on Apple's App Store shortly after their Thursday debut.
With the launch of Office for iPad yesterday, Microsoft again effectively cut Apple out of most of the revenue stream by making the apps free to download.
Along with Office on the iPad, Microsoft Thursday released a comprehensive Enterprise Mobility Suite for managing and securing mobile devices, mobile applications and user identity and access -- all from the cloud.
As expected, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella hosted a press conference where the company unveiled Office for iPad, breaking with its past practice of protecting Windows by first launching software on its own operating system.
As expected, Microsoft today announced Office for the iPad at a press event in San Francisco led by CEO Satya Nadella.
Apple's latest upgrade to its mobile operating system, iOS 7.1, adds some useful touches and fixes some of the glitches that appeared in the previous version.
Rumors about Apple building a very large iPad have been unavoidable for seven months. But does a giant iPad make sense?
If you got a new smartphone, tablet or computer for the holidays, these Computerworld stories can help you get acquainted with new OSes, find great apps and accessories, safely dispose of your old devices and more.
If you can't keep track of your business cards, one of these 7 smartphone apps will help you scan and store all those new contacts.
The new iPad Mini with Retina display offers a no-compromise option for tablet fans who want the speed of an iPad Air and the portability of the smaller iPad.
Part 4 of our annual gift guide showcases the best Android, iOS and Windows tablets, plus some choice tablet stands, cases and other add-ons.
Having spent a few weeks with the new iPad Air, columnist Michael deAgonia is ready to declare that it's a stunning improvement on what was already a rightfully successful tablet.
In the life of every device, there's a moment when you wonder whether it's finally obsolete. If you're wondering that about the original iPad, columnist Michael deAgonia has some advice.
The first thing you notice when you pick up Apple's new iPad Air is how light it feels. But there's more to the Air than it's new slender look and feel. Michael deAgonia offers his first impressions of the new tablet.
Apple's A7 chip has trickled down to the latest iPad Air after being introduced in the iPhone 5S, and users will see more benefits of the 64-bit chip in tablets than in smartphones, analysts say.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Path Selection Infographic
- Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic
- A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era
- From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs
- If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Computing eGuide
- In this eGuide, CIO, Computerworld, and InfoWorld offer advice, tips, news, and predictions regarding cloud implementations in the coming year and beyond. Read... All iOS White Papers
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and...
- All iOS Webcasts