More Web Apps In Depth
A well-known problem in the Internet of Things is that many connected devices operate in silos. Your Fitbit doesn't communicate with your Nest thermostat, for example.
Want to offer extra functionality to your users based on where they are? Here's how.
In order to understand the strange but spectacularly profitable world of Google and Facebook today, it's important to start in the fall of 2010.
Facebook has launched a new photo- and video-sharing app called Slingshot that's aimed squarely at popular cool-kid Snapchat.
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
Facebook is not your scrappy startup anymore. It's providing a host of tools for third-party developers aimed at catching bugs swiftly, more toolkit options and lending a big helping hand in app development.
Self-publishing has become an increasingly important industry for both individual authors and businesses who want to put out their own books. But how do you begin? Here are some tips for self-starters.
Now that Microsoft has made OneNote free for consumers, can it compete with the well-known Evernote? Preston Gralla offers his take on both.
Ad blockers can make websites cleaner and faster for users, but they can also take a nasty bite out of advertising revenue. How popular are they, and what can site publishers do about them?
Salesforce.com's annual Dreamforce conference will kick off next week in San Francisco, and with a reported 120,000 people registered to attend in person and virtually, it will be the cloud software vendor's biggest shindig yet.
This sortable chart lets you compare dozens of tools for functionality, skill level and more.
Popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome have lots of features -- and can take up lots of memory. We look at 5 lesser-known browsers for simpler surfing.
Use iGoogle? Upset that it's going away? Here are 8 alternative Web portals, some of which are just as good -- and one or two of which are better.
Salesforce.com is gearing up for its annual Dreamforce conference, which is set to be the biggest yet, with 120,000 people expected to register.
The younger you are, the harder it is for you to imagine what life would be like without the Web. And in 20 more years, very few of us will be able to live without it.
Snapchat is giving photos and videos captured with its app some longevity.
Last week's OpenWorld conference made on thing clear: Oracle remains committed to its next-generation Fusion Applications but massive growth in the product line is probably not around the corner.
Alvin Toffler introduced to the term 'information overload,' while Ray Kurzweil told us we'll be overload with more information each decade than in the previous century. There's a lesson for the IT departments of today (and tomorrow): Ignore emerging technology, despite its flaws, at your own risk.
Oracle's annual OpenWorld conference is less than a week away, and as usual the vendor is expected to make a slew of new product and strategy announcements.
Several standards exist for storing large amounts of data in a user's Web browser. Each has its benefits, tradeoffs, W3C standardization status and level of browser support. All are better than cookies.
Register for FREE now! »
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
Simple Solution, Big Capability
- Meet growing employee and business demands by connecting up to 1,000 users with powerful collaboration capabilities with a single, integrated platform -- Cisco...
The DDoS Threat Spectrum
- Bolstered by favorable economics, today's global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously.
Need to Replace MS Threat Management Gateway?
- Read this article to learn how F5's Secure Web Gateway solution provides a full set of features that can help you successfully migrate...
The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing
- Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services
- F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
All Web Apps White Papers