Internet Topic Center
Internet news, in-depth analysis, trends and more
Is social media in general and Twitter in particular speeding up the news cycle?
The depletion of Internet addresses would seem to spell relief for aged routers that are struggling to deal with the Internet's growth, but the complicated interplay between those trends might cause even more problems.
Twitter said late Tuesday it will remove images and videos of deceased people upon the request of family members, but it put conditions on the policy.
A tricked-out version of YouTube offering exclusive content might prove lucrative bait for Google to lure some of its users deeper into its digital video and music services.
Google is reportedly eying the creation of a YouTube music subscription service to take on the likes of Spotify and Pandora.
Google has acquired Jetpac, known for image recognition and processing.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has extended a deadline for comments on its proposed net neutrality rules to Sept. 15, giving members of the public more time to weigh in on how the government should regulate Web traffic.
In a wide-ranging "Ask Me Anything" chat on Reddit, developers and program managers from the Microsoft Internet Explorer team urged users to give the browser another chance.
An official with Liberty Reserve, a popular digital currency service that was based in Costa Rica, has pleaded guilty to money laundering and operating an unlicensed money transmitting business.
Samsung has agreed to buy SmartThings, a two-year-old startup that makes software to connect household objects and let them be controlled from afar via smartphone.
Federal legislation on communications policy predates all the changes brought about by the Internet. It's time to address Internet regulation directly.
So you've said yes to the use of personal tech. How do you make it work for and in your business?
A vulnerable person. A sociopath or two on social media tormenting that person without consequence. That's trolling in a nutshell. Mike Elgan explains what you can do about it.
A well-known problem in the Internet of Things is that many connected devices operate in silos. Your Fitbit doesn't communicate with your Nest thermostat, for example.
Crafting a social media policy for the workplace is as much about protecting your employees as it is about limiting your business' exposure to unwanted criticism or legal issues.
Want to offer extra functionality to your users based on where they are? Here's how.
Same-day delivery is a boon for the online leader, but it will only help doom B&N.
In order to understand the strange but spectacularly profitable world of Google and Facebook today, it's important to start in the fall of 2010.
Most users turn to social media sites for entertainment and information, but for digital marketers social engagements represent a dynamic way to generate leads. Fostering leads, or potential customers, in social media is not as clear-cut or obvious as email, TV or print marketing, but there is enough history and background now to follow and replicate what is already working.
Running a social media hub for any large event poses a challenge, but perhaps none quite so daunting as running the FIFA Social Hub, the official social platform of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution
- A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals
- IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide
- Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Enterprises in Motion: In-Vehicle Networks
- In a world where traditional tethers to the central office have all but vanished, enterprises that operate vehicle fleets require constant and dependable...
- Uninterrupted Internet: Maximizing Revenue and Minimizing Business Risk with 3G/4G Failover
- Whether your businesses are connected to the Internet via T1/T3, or Cable, incorporating a mobile broadband backup solution adds uptime whenever there is... All Internet White Papers
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow...
- Tips to Simplify Database Administration and Development Make your job easier while getting the most from the leading productivity tool for database professionals. Learn tips from Dell Software's Oracle® ACE,...
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How...
- On-Demand Webinar: Transform Your Datacenter with Cisco ACI and Citrix NetScaler Learn how Citrix NetScaler -- the leader in public clouds, integrates with Cisco ACI to enable the enterprise network transition to a new...
- Cloud and Collaboration: Driving Your Business Value Mission Critical Cloud from Peer 1 Hosting is enterprise-grade.
- All Internet Webcasts