Regulatory Compliance Topic Center
Regulatory compliance news, in-depth articles and more
Microsoft today launched a searchable list of its complete patent portfolio as part of its defense of the patent system, particularly software patents.
Microsoft's 16-month browser ballot screw-up in the European Union cost Mozilla an estimated 8.8 million downloads of its Firefox browser, the open-source vendor's head lawyer said.
More security managers find themselves running compliance programs rather than performing security and risk management.
Although China has been getting unwelcome attention in political circles, Cisco CEO John Chambers was far more sanguine about China at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo.
In the second major legal victory for music labels in recent weeks, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eight Circuit has upheld a jury award of $222,000 against a woman accused of pirating 24 songs over a peer-to-peer file sharing network.
Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom appeared in Auckland High Court on Wednesday as part of a judicial review of the police raid on his rented Coatesville mansion in January. This followed a ruling last month that the search and seizure operation was unlawful.
Global Payments, which back in the spring reported a data breach in which information associated with an estimated 1.4 million payment cards was stolen, has revealed that expenses associated with investigations, fines and remediation has hit $84.4 million.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange may be extradited to Sweden for questioning about allegations of sexual offenses, the U.K. Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday, upholding a lower court ruling and dismissing Assange's appeal.
A pair of Microsoft-backed industry groups applauded the ultimatum European Union antitrust regulators issued to rival Google over alleged anti-competitive practices.
While the technology is moving forward, some still struggle with how to implement and integrate tools meant to help them get a grip on IT processes.
Cost has kept U.S. businesses from adopting fraud-resistant credit cards, but consumer concerns about privacy could make adoption a key differentiator.
Businesses must make sure their processes and IT systems adhere to the new regulations.
Revelations over the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program have much of the general public in uproar, but in terms of the controversy's impact to enterprise IT, some CIOs have measured, albeit watchful, reactions.
CIOs in emerging economies have to be creative to keep IT up and running -- addressing redundancy, navigating a thicket of sometimes onerous regulations, and in general doing more with less. Insider (registration required)
ID'ing fraud is a good first step, but the power of analytics won't be tapped until agencies can share data more freely. Insider (registration required)
Changes to the regulations should make it easier for cloud clients and vendors to understand their responsibilities.
We are establishing an environment that will help it happen. (Insider; registration required)
Even if you're knee-deep in regulations, it is possible to get the benefits other kinds of companies do from being active in social media. Here's how some approach it.
Predictive analytics and modeling are helping executives at Booz Allen Hamilton shape the direction of the firm to better meet future demand, anticipating which practices will see the most growth.
The main focus of a cloud computing contract is on vendor responsibilities, but it's appropriate to consider what the client remains responsible for.
Computerworld has launched its annual search for outstanding IT leaders who align technology with business goals. Nominate a top IT executive for the 2015 Premier 100 IT Leaders awards now through July 18.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- The Elephant Herd in the Room: Why Other Enterprise VoIP Providers Don't Like to Talk About Compliance, Security and Reliability
- There's an elephant in the room. A whole herd of elephants, in fact. When it comes to compliance, security and reliability, the silence...
- SIP Migration: Addressing CIOs' Concerns
- Recent data from IDG Research shows that many IT executives are counting on SIP to help them meet employee efficiency and customer experience...
- SBIC: Transforming Information Security
- This report combines perspectives on technologies with experience in strategy to help security teams navigate complex decisions regarding technology deployments while maximizing investments.
- InfoTech: Cloud File Sharing
- Organizations are increasingly turning to cloud file sharing solutions to meet end-user's needs for a lightweight and effective collaboration tool. In this report,...
- Rethinking Backup and Recovery
- As enterprises continue to transform their data centers, and virtualization plays an increasing role in their IT infrastructures, the way data is backed... All Regulatory Compliance White Papers
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed in recent years, and it continues to escalate.
- PST Archiving: What is it and How is it Done? Learn more about what PST data is, the risks relating to it, and how the new PST Archiving feature in the Simpana 10...
- HP DevOps KnowledgeVault This interactive resource focuses on the evolution taking place in the world of software development, specifically the Agile development framework, and the gap...
- Introducing Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery From VMware Cost-effectively protect your business applications in the case of a local disaster or disruptive event. VMware is excited to introduce vCloud Hybrid Service...
- All Regulatory Compliance Webcasts