Mobile/Wireless Topic Center
Mobile/wireless news, in-depth articles and more
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
China's state-run TV is telling iPhone owners that the device is a threat to national security because it tracks their movements.
Samsung Electronics has updated and rebranded its app store, in an apparent bid to cut into Google's revenue from its Play store for apps running on Android devices.
Apple fans may not be the only ones waiting for a new iPhone later this year -- semiconductor industry revenue will get a boost from it too, according to Gartner.
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has voted to approve legislation that would allow mobile phone owners to unlock their devices for the purposes of switching carriers.
Upgrades from Windows XP PCs to newer computers during the second quarter perked up the PC market, which inched closer to positive quarterly shipment growth.
RootMetrics gives Verizon Wireless a big thumbs-up in its latest biannual ranking of wireless network performance in U.S. cities.
Apple's API for in-car mobile devices, better known as CarPlay, will outpace both the open API MirrorLink and GENIVI.
Several analysts argue that Samsung's warning about Q3 profits is due to its strategy of competing on price.
Gone, at least potentially, are the days of salespeople having to lug around a 4-pound projector to make presentations to potential customers.
The LG G Watch vs. Samsung Gear Live may look similar, but the first two Android Wear watches have some meaningful differences.
Google's Android Wear platform is an impressive first step toward making smartwatches people will actually want to buy. Here's an in-depth look at where the software shines -- and where it falls short.
There are several deployment choices, but none is overly complex to set up.
With a starting price of just $299, the unlocked, Cyanogen-powered OnePlus One Android phone beats the bigger brands at their own game.
Google's purchase of music streaming service Songza will be a boost for the Google brand as well as its search, Play, Glass and other services. Maybe Apple could learn a thing or two from the deal.
Will your choice of phablet determine the mobile ecosystem you get locked into for health and fitness tracking, automobile navigation and home entertainment?
Columnist Mike Elgan tested a smartwatch with Android Wear and said he has experienced a culture-changing platform.
Yo is a flash in the pan of an app that lets you say 'Yo' to your followers. That's it. Is it curmudgeonly to wonder how that could draw $1.2 million in funding?
Samsung's tablet lineup can feel a bit crowded--But the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 are among Samsung's best tablets yet.
Amazon and its Fire phone are capable of the most comprehensive and aggressive personal data harvesting ever offered in any product. The company needs to be far more transparent about what the phone actually does, and how Amazon protects all this data.
Computerworld has launched its annual search for outstanding IT leaders who align technology with business goals. Nominate a top IT executive for the 2015 Premier 100 IT Leaders awards now through July 18.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- 3 Keys to Secure BYOD Deployment
- The new Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) environment presents challenges for IT managers and business leaders. This paper discusses how IT managers can address those challenges,...
- Empowering Your Mobile Workers
- A modern mobile IT strategy is no longer an option, it is an absolute necessity. Here's how some of the nation's most progressive...
- Developing a Winning Mobile Strategy: Playing Offense vs Defense
- Don't lose time and money with a "throw an app against a wall to see if sticks" approach to mobile. You need a...
- The 5 Big Lies About Going Mobile
- You've heard about the power of mobile to change your business. But have you realized your mobile potential? It's about much more than...
- BYOP: How Mobile and Social Are Creating New User Personas
- The digital world of mobile + social creates new customer segments and behaviors. Companies need to reorient their customer interactions around these segments... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers
- Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed in recent years, and it continues to escalate.
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator...
- PST Archiving: What is it and How is it Done? Learn more about what PST data is, the risks relating to it, and how the new PST Archiving feature in the Simpana 10...
- HP DevOps KnowledgeVault This interactive resource focuses on the evolution taking place in the world of software development, specifically the Agile development framework, and the gap...
- Introducing Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery From VMware Cost-effectively protect your business applications in the case of a local disaster or disruptive event. VMware is excited to introduce vCloud Hybrid Service...
- All Mobile/Wireless Webcasts