Mobile/Wireless Topic Center
Mobile/wireless news, in-depth articles and more
Searching on Yahoo will now deliver local business reviews from Yelp, through a partnership that could help Yahoo search compete against Google, or at least make it more useful.
Microsoft added G. Mason Morfit, president of ValueAct Capital, to its board of directors, making good on its part of the deal it struck with the activist shareholder last year.
Laptops will get console-like gaming and up to two times the battery life with Nvidia's new GeForce GTX mobile graphics processors, unveiled on Wednesday.
Aruba Networks announced a package of software upgrades designed to better accommodate all-wireless workplaces, including sites where it's common to see employees using three different mobile devices with multiple applications.
Tests of carrier aggregation, a technology that will help increase the speeds of LTE networks, have been a positive surprise, but another technology called small cells needs to become more mature before it can help offload mobile networks, according to two executives at Vodafone Germany.
A U.S. district court judge froze the U.S. assets of Mark Karpeles, CEO of failed Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox, and two associated companies, allowing lawyers to begin demanding documents from the three parties to investigate what they allege is a huge fraud.
Apple dominates 64-bit mobile chip devices as rival smartphone makers wait for a 64-bit version of the Android OS, but that early lead could dissipate in the next four years, ABI Research said on Tuesday.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
New York financial authorities said Tuesday that they would soon begin accepting applications for virtual currency exchanges including those dealing in bitcoins, in a sign of regulators' growing interest in the technology.
Hewlett-Packard has found some success with a platform, called Aurasma, that provides augmented reality services to portable devices.
It offers slightly greater payment convenience, but at what cost?
We look at three Windows 8.1 convertibles that can transform into laptops, tablets or presentation devices, and try to discover how useful they really are.
A variety of projects unveiled in the past year aim to give mobile apps the ability to instantly detect a person's emotional state.
Samsung's new Galaxy Note Pro 12.2-in. Android tablet has a great display and a lot of useful features. Matt Hamblen tried it out as a laptop replacement and reports back.
You can shoot some great videos with your Android smartphone, but can you edit them? We review five apps that represent the best video editing options available on the platform today.
And without remote management, getting patches onto devices scattered throughout the organization is hit or miss.
At the heart of the $19B WhatsApp acquisition may be Facebook's continuing desire to take over your mobile phone.
Are iPhones used primarily by more mature mobile users who crave ease of use? Are Android phones more popular among the young, techie and cost-conscious? CIO.com's Tom Kaneshige has discovered there are no simple answers.
It's disturbing that Apple would release an essential fix for iOS while ignoring the exact same problem in OS X.
Google has unveiled what is almost certainly the most interesting phone of the year. It's part of Project Tango
As emerging technologies evolve they often find an initial niche in highly specialized scenarios, or in specific industry verticals, before expanding to wider areas of applicability. Within these initial niches, the early adopters can be anything from digital enthusiasts to fashionistas, or they can be folks simply using the technology because it serves a specific need extremely well. (free registration required) more
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Omnichannel: From Buzzword to Strategy
- Customers demand a seamless experience across channels, especially mobile. Read this whitepaper for a research-based framework for using omnichannel for higher customer engagement.
- The 5 Big Lies About Going Mobile
- You've heard about the power of mobile to change your business. But have you realized your mobile potential? It's about much more than...
- Developing a Winning Mobile Strategy: Playing Offense vs Defense
- Don't lose time and money with a "throw an app against a wall to see if sticks" approach to mobile. You need a...
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse
- Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy
- Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist. All Mobile/Wireless White Papers
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of...
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After...
- CDW Integrates with Google Apps for Cloud Collaboration Through a partnership with Google and Esna Technologies, CDW has rolled out native access to the CDW Cloud Collaboration suite within Google Apps.
- What's New in SharePoint: Social Collaboration for the Mobile Workforce With the release of SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Online became an attractive collaboration platform for many organizations. Not only does the option of a...
- All Mobile/Wireless Webcasts