Pilot fish is trying to help a woman who runs a daycare center -- and since all she wants to do is publish a 30-page online handbook for parents, how hard will that be?
Stanford University's medical school plans to start using Google's wearable computer, Glass, to help train students in surgery.
Google has launched a new project, dubbed the Baseline Study, that seeks to develop a greater understanding of what it means to be healthy.
The most successful wearable devices will be ones that can work without a phone, and AT&T will have at least one of them by the end of this year, the man who manages the carrier's partnerships said.
The Social Security numbers of roughly 18,000 California physicians and health-care providers were inadvertently made public after a slip-up at health insurance provider Blue Shield of California, the organization said Monday.
A new report shows venture capital funding and clinical mobile health applications will push the mobile device market to extraordinary highs by 2023.
Survey results from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society's analytics arm says more than 80 percent of organizations use cloud services, primarily to host apps and data. Concerns remain, particularly around security and uptime, but most users seem optimistic.
The clinical data warehouse used to represent what was wrong with healthcare IT: An incomplete data source that was siloed to boot. But Texas Children's Hospital has turned its data warehouse into a valuable tool for clinical and operational analytics.
Editor in Chief Maryfran Johnson describes the profoundly hopeful and uplifting story of how informal coalitions of CIOs from some of the country's leading medical institutions are crossing boundaries to collaborate in the fight against cancer.
Edward Marx, senior vice president and CIO at Texas Health Resources in Arlington, is using social media to connect with the organization's local community and implementing BI tools to deliver advanced clinical care.
As healthcare in the United States embarks on what PwC describes as its most radical shift in 80 years, most health IT incumbents just aren't cutting it.
Exclusive video: How a Boston hospital protected healthcare data after last year's Marathon explosions
Dr. John Halmaka tells how his IT team invented a real-time security plan in the midst of the chaos.
Dr. C. Martin Harris, CIO at Cleveland Clinic and a former health technology adviser to President Obama, is using technology to redefine healthcare for patients and caregivers alike. Insider (registration required)
Healthcare providers such hospitals, medical offices and clinics face an unsettling reality, according to a recent Forrester report: Embrace the cloud, big data, mobile and other emerging technology or get acquired by a healthcare organization that's successfully been there and done that.
A recent threat intelligence study reports widespread security vulnerabilities in healthcare organizations, many of which went unnoticed for months. In December, a developer pulled unencrypted data from a 'certified' mobile health app in less than a minute. Why is it so hard for healthcare to get security right?
Healthcare is broken. No one disputes that. No one lacks perspective on how to fix it, either. The challenge, though, is disrupting a system that makes more money treating sickness than it does preventing it. Technology and innovation can play a part, but so can flipping the entire care model on its head.
GE Healthcare CTO Nevin Zimmermann talks with IDG Enterprise Chief Content Officer John Gallant about mobile, cloud, big data and more. Zimmermann also discusses how his team is evolving and why CIOs must embrace technology changes.
"I spent $174 million on a website and all I got was this bad press."
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Security, Privacy and Trust in Email Management
- This white paper discusses a SaaS-based email management solution that delivers the security, continuity and archiving capabilities your organization demands.
- The Total Cost of Email
- In this white paper, we'll explore the true costs of fragmented email management and uncover how to reduce those costs with a cloud-based...
- Balancing Security, Compliance and Cost: the Prescription for Healthcare Email Management: Move to the Cloud
- Learn how cloud-based technologies for core productivity tools such as email and collaboration can help healthcare organizations be more efficient with IT dollars...
- Email Security Checklist: Eight Steps for Healthcare Organizations
- Don't let fear of violating Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) codes prevent you from using email to communicate sensitive information.
- Seven questions you must ask before choosing your patient portal solution
- By asking the right questions and connecting the right stakeholders, you can ensure that you implement a true community solution that will improve... All Healthcare IT White Papers
- Is SQL Server AlwaysOn really as powerful? Tips and Tricks from the field With the introduction of AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering Services is now more critical than ever.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their...
- DevOps with PureApplication System: Reduce cost and speed delivery with an integrated IBM Cloud solution Join this webcast to hear what ING Netherlands has been able to achieve while deploying DevOps tools from IBM Rational. An ING executive...
- All Healthcare IT Webcasts