Apple does more to ensure its solutions are accessible to a wide range of users than any other platform, in spite of any drivel suggesting otherwise.
The most successful wearable devices will be ones that can work without a phone, and AT&T will have at least one of them by the end of this year, the man who manages the carrier's partnerships said.
The Social Security numbers of roughly 18,000 California physicians and health-care providers were inadvertently made public after a slip-up at health insurance provider Blue Shield of California, the organization said Monday.
A new report shows venture capital funding and clinical mobile health applications will push the mobile device market to extraordinary highs by 2023.
Thanks to a computer chip, algorithms and nearly 10 years of research, a 23-year-old quadriplegic moved his fingers and hand with the power of his own thoughts.
Salesforce.com is teaming up with Philips to develop a software platform to connect patients with health care in a much faster and easier way than is usually possible today.
Survey results from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society's analytics arm says more than 80 percent of organizations use cloud services, primarily to host apps and data. Concerns remain, particularly around security and uptime, but most users seem optimistic.
The clinical data warehouse used to represent what was wrong with healthcare IT: An incomplete data source that was siloed to boot. But Texas Children's Hospital has turned its data warehouse into a valuable tool for clinical and operational analytics.
Editor in Chief Maryfran Johnson describes the profoundly hopeful and uplifting story of how informal coalitions of CIOs from some of the country's leading medical institutions are crossing boundaries to collaborate in the fight against cancer.
Edward Marx, senior vice president and CIO at Texas Health Resources in Arlington, is using social media to connect with the organization's local community and implementing BI tools to deliver advanced clinical care.
As healthcare in the United States embarks on what PwC describes as its most radical shift in 80 years, most health IT incumbents just aren't cutting it.
Exclusive video: How a Boston hospital protected healthcare data after last year's Marathon explosions
Dr. John Halmaka tells how his IT team invented a real-time security plan in the midst of the chaos.
Dr. C. Martin Harris, CIO at Cleveland Clinic and a former health technology adviser to President Obama, is using technology to redefine healthcare for patients and caregivers alike. Insider (registration required)
Healthcare providers such hospitals, medical offices and clinics face an unsettling reality, according to a recent Forrester report: Embrace the cloud, big data, mobile and other emerging technology or get acquired by a healthcare organization that's successfully been there and done that.
A recent threat intelligence study reports widespread security vulnerabilities in healthcare organizations, many of which went unnoticed for months. In December, a developer pulled unencrypted data from a 'certified' mobile health app in less than a minute. Why is it so hard for healthcare to get security right?
Healthcare is broken. No one disputes that. No one lacks perspective on how to fix it, either. The challenge, though, is disrupting a system that makes more money treating sickness than it does preventing it. Technology and innovation can play a part, but so can flipping the entire care model on its head.
GE Healthcare CTO Nevin Zimmermann talks with IDG Enterprise Chief Content Officer John Gallant about mobile, cloud, big data and more. Zimmermann also discusses how his team is evolving and why CIOs must embrace technology changes.
"I spent $174 million on a website and all I got was this bad press."
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Security, Privacy and Trust in Email Management
- This white paper discusses a SaaS-based email management solution that delivers the security, continuity and archiving capabilities your organization demands.
- The Total Cost of Email
- In this white paper, we'll explore the true costs of fragmented email management and uncover how to reduce those costs with a cloud-based...
- Balancing Security, Compliance and Cost: the Prescription for Healthcare Email Management: Move to the Cloud
- Learn how cloud-based technologies for core productivity tools such as email and collaboration can help healthcare organizations be more efficient with IT dollars...
- Email Security Checklist: Eight Steps for Healthcare Organizations
- Don't let fear of violating Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) codes prevent you from using email to communicate sensitive information.
- Seven questions you must ask before choosing your patient portal solution
- By asking the right questions and connecting the right stakeholders, you can ensure that you implement a true community solution that will improve... All Healthcare IT White Papers
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator...
- The Foundation You Need to Build a Better Storage Infrastructure Watch this webcast to hear how you can maximize the economics of your data center by modifying your storage footprint and power usage...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few.
- Technology for Everyone A Kansas school district modernizes teaching and learning and paves the way to a one-to-one program with a comprehensive upgrade of its wireless...
- All Healthcare IT Webcasts