For the love of Jiminy Cricket, how much cybersecurity incompetence are American citizens expected to accept and excuse while also footing the $660 million bill? Online security experts say the “new and improved” Healthcare.gov site may actually be more insecure now than before it was fixed!
Politics collided with technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst among U.S. citizens and foreign governments and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves.
Most people believe tech innovation holds the best promise for curing fatal diseases and are confident they could administer their own tests, according to a new multinational survey.
A congressional hearing Wednesday on the botched rollout of HealthCare.gov was largely a forum for Republican critics of U.S. government involvement in the health-care industry and other large social programs.
HealthCare.gov, the U.S. government's insurance-shopping website, had to deploy a user queuing feature Monday because of heavy traffic, just days after the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced the troubled site was working well for a majority of users.
HealthCare.gov, the troubled insurance-shopping website launched in October by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is now working well for most users, officials said Sunday.
Healthcare is broken. No one disputes that. No one lacks perspective on how to fix it, either. The challenge, though, is disrupting a system that makes more money treating sickness than it does preventing it. Technology and innovation can play a part, but so can flipping the entire care model on its head.
GE Healthcare CTO Nevin Zimmermann talks with IDG Enterprise Chief Content Officer John Gallant about mobile, cloud, big data and more. Zimmermann also discusses how his team is evolving and why CIOs must embrace technology changes.
"I spent $174 million on a website and all I got was this bad press."
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
In the early days of Healthcare.gov, I praised the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for publishing a dataset with sample rates for every health plan participating in the federal health insurance marketplace.
An innovative program at Rush University Medical Center will support returning veterans by helping them find careers in the IT field.
With demand increasing for IT practitioners in healthcare, can tech pros in other industries switch niches? Healthcare IT practitioners offer advice on what you need to make a move. (Registration required.)
With the government closed for business, private-sector firms should consider poaching public-sector IT talent to fill open tech positions.
For Dr. Bob Laskowski, president and CEO of Christiana Care Health System, technology means empowering physicians and patients.
Healthcare reform in the United States focuses mainly on providing coverage to the uninsured, and odds are good that your company offers health insurance to most employees. However, there are still reporting and security requirements you'll need to deal with -- and you'll have to be a vocal leader to make sure these tasks are a high priority.
Vanguard Health Systems' IDology platform identifies target populations for marketing efforts, bringing in new revenue.
Armed with data from more than 2,400 healthcare providers, Novation helps hospitals ensure that they're getting the best prices on everything from latex gloves to surgical equipment, offering a mobile app that pushes alerts on changing prices to decision-makers.
Johns Hopkins, OhioHealth, Kaiser Permanente and other top healthcare organizations each won a place on Computerworld's Best Places to Work in IT 2013 list. Honorees say the distinction helps them both recruit and retain top talent.
Want to join this elite group? Nominate your organization for our 2014 list.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Healthcare Firm Ramps Up for Claims Processing Spikes
- Huge increases in claims processing loads and stringent SLAs for Medicaid patients prompted Molina Healthcare to enhance their IT infrastructure with VCE.
- The Telemedicine Revolution: Patients Can't Wait
- How high bandwidth, low latency ethernet communications is changing the practice of medicine. Comcast Ethernet offers the robust, scalable backbone for telemedicine for...
- Escape Plan: How Integrated IT Portfolio Management Helps Organizations Clear the Chaos
- Meaningful Use, ICD-10 compliance, EMR Implementation--do you feel lost in this ever-growing jungle?
- Osterman White Paper: The Need for Enterprise-Grade File Transfer
- Key trends in file transfer
- The New Universe of Managed File Transfer: Why your existing solution might not be adequate
- The Evolution of File Transfer All Healthcare IT White Papers
- Modernizing SAP environments with minimum risk - a path to Big Data Hear from top IDC analyst, Richard Villars, about the path you can start taking now to enable your organization to get the benefits...
- The Power of the Citrix Mobility Solution, XenMobile Does everything become a smartphone? Or does the smartphone begin to do everything? How can we afford to support BYOD? Rather, how can...
- BYOD Happens: How to Secure Mobility How to navigate the journey of securing mobility, including the BYOD corruption of IT, the top ten mobility strategies, and the mobility management...
- Fighting Fraud Videos: IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager Short videos about IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager (IIM) for Fraud. IIM optimizes the investigation of fraud for customers across many industries in both...
- IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager: Online Product Demo Intelligent Investigation Manager optimizes fraud investigation and analysis and it dynamically coordinates and reports on cases, provides analysis and visualization, and enables more...
- All Healthcare IT Webcasts