As enterprises implement BYOD initiatives, IT managers have some key decisions to make: who purchases the devices, who pays for data plans and carrier contracts, and how does the company manage a mix of corporate and personal access to data on the devices.
Could Samsung's "next big thing" come from the heart of the Big Apple or Silicon Valley?
Siemens has started talks with private-equity firms about the sale of its share in Nokia Siemens Networks, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
It may have taken almost two decades, but Tun Thura Thet's investment in one of Asia's poorest countries is finally paying off.
Apple infringed a Samsung Electronics patent, the U.S. International Trade Commission said in a final judgment released Tuesday that bans import into the U.S. of certain AT&T iPhone and iPad models.
The world of stock broking runs on one word: Speed. But manual processes could play spoilsport and derail business, giving competition an opportunity. Kotak Securities strove to change that and, on its way, created an industry-first.
App vendor, ingogo, has secured a $1.5million investment from leading investors in an attempt to fund further expansion of the business' taxi booking and payment platform.
The ability to trade securities at nanosecond speeds has become a reality.
This IT leader created an innovation lab, where team members partner to develop ideas at breakneck speed.
Banks in Asia Pacific are expected to grow IT spending by 8.8% in the coming year according to IDC Financial Insights. This is higher than the 7% growth experienced during 2012, noted Michael Araneta, consulting and research Director for IDC Financial Insights Asia/Pacific.
It's hard to remember life without ATMs. In Hong Kong, we can transfer funds, pay our utility bills and even settle tax demand-notes using an ATM. And they even dispense cash.
Taking Dell private is a bold move, but won't ensure success. If you can't recognize opportunities and execute properly as a public company, buying yourself shelter from investors only takes you so far. The bigger challenge will be rejiggering the corporate culture and core processes to make more innovation possible.
She is the first woman president of FICCI, a Padma Shri recipient, a Harvard Business School alumnus, and the woman at the helm of one of the world's most renowned banks. Naina Lal Kidwai needs no introduction. As the group GM and country head of HSBC India, Kidwai has been instrumental in charting the growth path of HSBC in India for the past 10 years. In this interview, Kidwai talks about the changes shaping the banking sector, how IT is aiding private banks do a one up on public sector entities, and how it is redefining banking.
Catherine Bessant's journey to the CIO role at Bank of America wasn't your standard ascent through the ranks of IT. Bessant, now Global Technology and Operations Executive, leads a team of more than 100,000 employees and contractors who handle all technology and operations for the giant financial institution. But prior to tackling IT, Bessant was president of Global Corporate Banking, Global Treasury Services and the Global Product Solutions groups. She's also served as chief marketing officer for the bank.
Even if you're knee-deep in regulations, it is possible to get the benefits other kinds of companies do from being active in social media. Here's how some approach it.
Few people will tell you frankly -- and many would struggle to even acknowledge - their regrets, weaknesses or strengths, especially those sitting on the executive boards of the UK's top companies. But then Jackie Hunt, chief financial officer of FTSE 100 insurer Standard Life, is an exception in many senses.
If you think SAP equals ERP, Bill McDermott would like a few minutes to set you straight about the 2012 version of the software giant, which he claims is in the midst of "an intellectual renewal." McDermott has been co-CEO -- along with Jim Hagemann Snabe -- of SAP since 2010 and has helped broaden the company's strategy beyond traditional applications and analytics to the cloud, mobile, Big Data and a bet-the-business focus on real-time computing with the HANA in-memory database at the forefront. Insider (registration required)
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- ESG Lab Validation of QLogic's Caching SAN Adapter
- ESG details the results of their testing of QLogic's new 10000 Series 8Gb Fibre Channel Adapter with a focus on scalable database performance...
- Deliver Customer Value with Big Data Analytics
- Big Data requires that companies adopt a different method in understanding today's consumer. Read this white paper to learn why Big Data is...
- Cloud Analytics for the Masses
- Learn the best practices in building applications that can leverage volume, variety and velocity of Big Data for organizations of any size.
- An Interactive eGuide: DDoS Attacks
- In today's world, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks on organizations are becoming more prevalent. The number of attacks are increasingly annually with...
- The Total Economic Impact of Mimecast's Unified Email Management (UEM) Solution
- This research provides a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of unifying your email management in the cloud. Learn More. All Financial IT White Papers
- 3 Reasons Why Sepaton is the World's Fastest Backup Solution
- Leading analyst, Storage Switzerland learns how Sepaton backs up and deduplicates massive data volumes while maintaining the industry's fastest performance - all in...
- Virtustream (Vayence) video taking a 3000-Seat SAP Environment to the Cloud
- How can public cloud services help your organization reduce costs and increase security for your mission
- Williams & Fudge on Transforming IT with EMC
- Watch Williams & Fudge Data Center Director Phillip Reynolds discuss why this accounts receivable management firm turned to EMC.
- The Success Network: Driving Business Forward
- The communications and connectivity infrastructure of your organization is the focus of this KnowledgeVault Exchange, sponsored by Comcast Business.
- Advanced Voice Solutions for Your Business
- How can hosted business class voice services help mid-sized business be more agile, competitive and ready for growth? All Financial IT Webcasts