Mac OS X Topic Center
Find out all you need to know about Mac OS X, including news, reviews, tips, in-depth analysis and opinions
The preview of Apple's OS X Yosemite public beta last week resulted in a tripling of the upgrade's share of online traffic.
Apple still has redemption codes available for its public beta of OS X Yosemite.
Apple today released the public beta of OS X Yosemite, giving nondevelopers their first chance to preview an upcoming Mac operating system in 14 years.
Apple is releasing its first public beta of OS X Yosemite. Is that a smart move?
Apple will release its first public beta of OS X Yosemite early Thursday
Apple may release a public beta for OS X Yosemite as early as next week, according to an online report Monday.
Developer interest in OS X Yosemite appears to be quadruple that of 2013's Mavericks.
Apple has begun replacing Google Maps with its own mapping technology on iCloud.com, specifically in the Web-based "Find My iPhone" service.
Gartner today scaled back its forecast of Windows' near future, saying that while Microsoft's OS will power a growing number of devices this year and next, the gains will be smaller than it projected in January.
Google this week offered a partial answer to Apple's Continuity technology, announcing a system that will let Android-powered smartphones interact with Chrome OS on Chromebooks.
The beta of Apple's latest operating system, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, promises a sparkling new design and some very useful features.
For the first time since 2000, Apple is allowing pubic beta testers to try out a prerelease version of OS X. Ryan Faas tells testers what to do and what to avoid.
At this year's WWDC, Apple showcased a variety of new technologies under the Continuity umbrella that take device communication to a more sophisticated level. Users are the winners, says columnist Michael deAgonia.
Apple's "Continuity" initiative is all about using the right device for the right task at the right moment and shifting between those devices seamlessly. Columnist Ryan Faas explains.
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference is the company's one big chance to talk up hardware, operating systems and services -- and explain where Apple is headed. Ryan Faas explains what to look for on Monday.
Continuing coverage of Apple's WWDC 2014
One thing is certain: You won't mistake Apple's powerful new Mac Pro for any other desktop computer. And it has the computing chops to match its high-style look.
Today marks the 30th anniversary of the arrival of the now-iconic Apple Macintosh computer. Columnist Ryan Faas looks back over the past three decades at some of the highlights and lowlights of the Mac's -- and Apple's -- evolution.
Don't be fooled by the company's rocky 2013. There are strong signs that it has turned the corner.
If you got a new smartphone, tablet or computer for the holidays, these Computerworld stories can help you get acquainted with new OSes, find great apps and accessories, safely dispose of your old devices and more.
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Agility & Scalability for Oracle EBS R12 and RAC on VMware vSphere 5
- This white paper outlines extensive performance and scalability testing of Oracle EBS applications on a Vblock™ Systems with vSphere 5.
- Oracle and VCE: The Next Step in Integrated Computing Platforms
- In this ESG Lab review you will learn how a VCE system driven by Oracle, delivers the perfect blend of high performance and...
- Migrate Oracle Apps from RISC/UNIX to Virtualized x86
- Ready to move Oracle to a virtualized environment? This brief explains how true converged infrastructure can help you migrate from a RISC/UNIX environment...
- Step Out of the Bull's-Eye
- Learn about the evolution of targeted attacks, the latest in security intelligence, and strategic steps to keep your business safe.
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk
- Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the... All Mac OS X White Papers
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their...
- DevOps with PureApplication System: Reduce cost and speed delivery with an integrated IBM Cloud solution Join this webcast to hear what ING Netherlands has been able to achieve while deploying DevOps tools from IBM Rational. An ING executive...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope...
- All Mac OS X Webcasts