Fiorina to get millions, home security
Her severance package includes $21.38M in cash
IDG News Service - In a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Hewlett-Packard Co. on Friday detailed the severance package for former Chairman and CEO Carly Fiorina, who will get a cash payout of $21.38 million, as well as $50,000 for financial counseling and legal and outplacement services.
Fiorina also gets to keep her PC equipment and technical support for a three-month period, HP said in the filing. In addition, the company will provide the former executive with administrative support for a six-month period and maintenance of her home-security system for a one-year period, according to the filing.
The $21.38 million cash payout consists of a $14 million payment that represents 2.5 times Fiorina's base salary and targeted annual cash bonus as well as a $7.38 million payment that's part of an HP incentive program called the long-term performance cash program, according to the filing. In addition, Fiorina will receive an unspecified cash payment for the balance of her unused vacation time.
The $14 million is payable in six months after the agreement date, with interest at an annual rate of 2.78%, HP said. The severance agreement is dated Feb. 8. It is subject to a seven-day revocation right on the part of Fiorina. If she doesn't revoke it, the agreement will become effective on Feb. 15.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts