Thirteen European countries unite to tackle spam
They plan to share information on e-mail system abuses
IDG News Service - Thirteen European Union countries have agreed to boost cooperation to tackle spam.
Under an agreement announced by the European Commission today, the countries' antispam authorities -- in most cases their data protection offices -- have pledged to exchange information on e-mail system abuses and to follow up on complaints about spammers operating on their territory from other countries.
"Enforcement authorities in member states must be able to deal effectively with spam from other EU countries, even through at present most spam originates from outside the EU," said EU Information Society Commissioner Viviane Reding.
The move is designed to tackle the problem of spammers operating outside a member state's territory, making it difficult for that nation's enforcement officials to act because they lack legal powers to do so.
The 13 countries are Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands and Spain.
A recent report by Stanford University claimed that the average Internet user loses 10 working days a year dealing with unwanted e-mail.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- Architects lead the next generation of data-driven applications Read this whitepaper to find out how application architects can quickly and confidently deliver long-lasting applications that minimize cost, complexity, and risk while...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Desktop Apps White Papers | Webcasts