Brief: eBay snaps up Rent.com for $415M
Enters online apartment rentals market
IDG News Service - EBay Inc. has agreed to acquire property listings site Rent.com Inc. for $415 million in its latest move to expand beyond online auctions, the company said late yesterday.
EBay will pay about $385 million in stock and $30 million in cash for the Santa Monica, Calif., company. Rent.com was launched nationally in 2001 and is the most visited site for apartment listings in the U.S., eBay said.
Apartment owners list properties for free and pay a fee when the property is rented. The privately held company expects 2004 revenues to exceed $40 million, eBay said. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2005 pending approval from regulators and Rent.com's stockholders.
In August, eBay acquired a 25% stake in San Francisco-based Craigslist to beef up its classified advertising business. Last month, it scooped up Holland's top classifieds site, Marktplaats.nl, for about $290 million.
- 6TB Oracle Ecommerce Stack Deployed on AWS in 7 Days A Fortune 1000 company was told that it would take more than 6 months to deploy their ecommerce stack on AWS. CloudVelocity deployed...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All E-business White Papers | Webcasts