Computerworld - New Tool Helps Authenticate PDFs
Adobe Systems Inc. and GeoTrust Inc. announced the Certified Document Service, designed to verify and authenticate the identity of senders of Adobe PDF files. With GeoTrust's True Credentials digital signing technology, users can create "trusted electronic documents" that organizations can share, according to a statement from the two companies. The service can be used to digitally sign individual documents or large volumes of PDF files, the statement said. Pricing starts at $895 for a single-user, one-year signing credential.
F5 Improves Its VPN Technology
Seattle-based F5 Networks Inc. last week announced a new version of its FirePass Controller, Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network technology that features broader client and application access support, enhanced management capabilities and new security features. The F5 Firepass VPN lets users access any Windows, Linux, Macintosh or Solaris applications from a wide range of devices, including PDAs. A new "adaptive policy engine" allows for better management and more granular access control, F5 said. Pricing starts at $2,490 for 100 concurrent users.
Easier SSO Rollout
M-Tech Information Technology Inc. has integrated its P-Synch password management tool and Citrix Systems Inc.'s MetaFrame Password Manager. New capabilities include self-service password reset for forgotten or expired passwords, which M-Tech said can help reduce password-related calls to help desks by 85%. M-Tech also said the integrated product can let organizations deploy a single sign-on system without first acquiring current user log-ins and passwords.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Acxiom Case Study This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- Windows® XP Migration: Protect and Secure Critical Data With the end of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system's lifecycle on April 8, 2014, businesses are faced with the decision to migrate...
- Enhancing Application Protection and Recovery with a Modern Approach to Snapshot Management This CommVault Business Value and Technology White Paper explains how Simpana IntelliSnap® Recovery Manager can make your application recovery fast and reliable.
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Security White Papers | Webcasts