Computerworld - New Tool Helps Authenticate PDFs
Adobe Systems Inc. and GeoTrust Inc. announced the Certified Document Service, designed to verify and authenticate the identity of senders of Adobe PDF files. With GeoTrust's True Credentials digital signing technology, users can create "trusted electronic documents" that organizations can share, according to a statement from the two companies. The service can be used to digitally sign individual documents or large volumes of PDF files, the statement said. Pricing starts at $895 for a single-user, one-year signing credential.
F5 Improves Its VPN Technology
Seattle-based F5 Networks Inc. last week announced a new version of its FirePass Controller, Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network technology that features broader client and application access support, enhanced management capabilities and new security features. The F5 Firepass VPN lets users access any Windows, Linux, Macintosh or Solaris applications from a wide range of devices, including PDAs. A new "adaptive policy engine" allows for better management and more granular access control, F5 said. Pricing starts at $2,490 for 100 concurrent users.
Easier SSO Rollout
M-Tech Information Technology Inc. has integrated its P-Synch password management tool and Citrix Systems Inc.'s MetaFrame Password Manager. New capabilities include self-service password reset for forgotten or expired passwords, which M-Tech said can help reduce password-related calls to help desks by 85%. M-Tech also said the integrated product can let organizations deploy a single sign-on system without first acquiring current user log-ins and passwords.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts