Computerworld - TCS Announces Trusted Linux
Trusted Computer Solutions Inc. has announced that it is developing a product called TCS Trusted Linux, a multilevel-secure version of the Linux operating system.
Slated for beta testing this fall, the product will consist of software, hardware and firmware designed to enforce a unified security policy. It will be certified under the U.S. Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Scheme at Evaluation Assurance Level 4. Herndon, Va.-based TCS says the product will also be easier to learn and use than other trusted operating systems. TCS Trusted Linux will ship early next year.
The Tao of Network Security Monitoring: Beyond Intrusion Detection, by Richard Bejtlich; Addison-Wesley Professional, July 2004.
This book is one of the most useful titles I've read this year. It offers a comprehensive review of intrusion detection and network monitoring. The author takes the reader from the basics of placement of network sensors through a comprehensive description of tools, many of which I had never even heard of. Bejtlich uses real-world examples to provide a clear understanding of network monitoring, intrusion detection and incident response.
One aspect of the book I particularly appreciate is the discussion of real-world applications of some popular, freely available tools. Unfortunately, the book doesn't include a CD-ROM containing these tools, but the author does provide Web addresses where you can download the programs he discusses.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts