Computerworld - Firetrust Releases MailWasher Tool
MailWasher Server, an enterprisewide system for e-mail security management, is now available from Firetrust Ltd. in Christchurch, New Zealand. The product is priced from $7 to $29 per seat and is available for Windows, Solaris and Linux operating systems. MailWasher Server's multilayered approach identifies spam or malicious e-mail before it enters a network. The product uses statistical content analysis filtering, connection filtering, policy enforcement, and blacklists and whitelists to help remove spam.
McAfee Revises Policy Orchestrator
Santa Clara, Calif.-based McAfee Inc. announced a new version of its ePolicy Orchestrator security event management software. EPO 3.5 is designed to work with Microsoft Corp.'s Active Directory, can alert staff to network threats and compliance-related issues, and integrates with McAfee's Entercept host intrusion-prevention software. The latest version also includes a virus-source reporting feature and an enhanced Microsoft security patch assessment capability.
Alcatel Improves Endpoint Protection
Alcatel Inc. has enhanced its OmniSwitch technology with a new capability designed to help companies prevent and contain threats to network endpoint devices. The new function combines OmniSwitch's virtual LAN capability with host-integrity, enforcement and remediation security technology from Sygate Technologies Inc. to allow administrators to ensure that all devices that connect remotely to a corporate network have up-to-date antivirus software and firewalls.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts