Microsoft issues warning on CRM suite
Customers urged to upgrade to prevent incompatibility issues with Service Pack 2
Computerworld - Microsoft Corp. has issued a warning about incompatibility issues in its customer relationship management suite caused by installing the Windows XP Service Pack 2.
In a Knowledge Base article, Microsoft states that its Business Solutions CRM application Version 1.0 running on the XP platform won't work if Service Pack 2 is installed. Microsoft urged those customers affected to upgrade to CRM and CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 before installing XP Service Pack 2 on any clients.
Once running CRM Version 1.2, updates are required to the Microsoft CRM Server and Microsoft Sales for Outlook client, along with several manual work-arounds.
The methods of installing the updates and doing the work-arounds are described in detail in the note. The updates for the Microsoft CRM Server and CRM Sales for Outlook Version 1.2 are posted at the Microsoft Download Center.
At the Convergence 2004 application user conference in March, Microsoft users said that while the application had some minor bugs, they found it reasonably stable (see story). At that show, Doug Burgum, the president of Microsoft's Business Solutions Unit, pointed out that Version 1 was a new application, and that Version 1.2 "was not a small update but had a year's worth of development efforts." He also noted that Version 1.2 offered additional "stability and performance" enhancements.
"Enhanced security features in XP SP2 meant some of the default behaviors of Internet Explorer and desktop security zones have changed," a Microsoft spokeswoman wrote in an e-mail. "Microsoft has been advising customers throughout the SP2 development process that some applications, including Microsoft's own, would need updates to work as intended with SP2."
Read more about CRM in Computerworld's CRM Topic Center.
- Unlocking the Promise of Demand Sensing and Shaping through Big Data Analytics Many organizations have limited insight into big data. These limitations have significant opportunity costs and can have a negative effect on identifying and...
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- How to Pick a Unified Communications System That Kicks Your Competition's UCaaS Companies the world over are learning how to connect with customers using superior unified communications and CRM. Is your competition one of them?
- Learn How IBM Transformed Their Sales Team with SugarCRM IBM leveraged Sugar's unique user-focused CRM to transform its global sales organization, successfully deploying a new system for reps that manage millions of...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All CRM White Papers | Webcasts