Kwoller iOS Shopping App is the â€˜Tinder of Fashion'
The new, free Kwoller iPhone/iPod touch app aims to make shopping for women's clothes as easy as swiping through images
CIO - Kwoller is a new, free iPhone/iPod touch app designed to make it easy for women to speed-shop. The app accomplishes its mission, but you don't always get what you see.A
If you're a Tinder user, then Kwoller will seem familiar. To shop, you flip through images of merchandise -- primarily women's clothing and shoes, based on what I saw. Kwoller says menswear will be added "eventually."A
You can swipe to see the next image; tap an "X" mark to tell Kwoller what you don't like; tap a check mark to add something to your "Love List;" and share the item on social networks such as Pinterest and Facebook. And, of course, you can tap to buy items.A
Which brings me to the you-don't-always-get-what-you-see part. In at least two instances after tapping to place an item in the shopping cart, I discovered that the items were on sale -- but the discount wasn't reflected before I tapped to buy. In another instance, I learned the item was out of stock. These are not huge problems, but they are worth mentioning.A
If you're a fan of Forever 21, Asos, Urban Outfitters, Nasty Gal and the occasional Club Monaco item, you're in luck. Otherwise, Kwoller needs more labels. Also, I'd like to see Kwoller add tools that let you indicate your preferences and sizes. The app just screams out for the iPad treatment, as well, but as of this writing it's only optimized for smaller iOS screens.A
Kwoller, at least in its current incarnation, is ideally suited for young women hunting for affordable, casual fashion. Everyone else, keep shopping.
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America Cloud-enabled managed hosting brings cloudlike consumption and provisioning attributes to the traditional managed hosting market
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!