Yahoo acquires video streaming startup RayV
RayV's technology will help Yahoo deliver mobile video
IDG News Service - Yahoo has acquired online video streaming company RayV with the aim of distributing content to more people, particularly via mobile devices.
RayV, founded in 2005, is focused on efficiently distributing HD-quality video to a global audience, with a focus on mobile.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed. "Yahoo is focused on growing video users and monthly streams, and while we're only getting started, we're very focused on this in 2014," Yahoo said in its announcement of the deal.
RayV's service will improve Yahoo's underlying technology infrastructure, and most of RayV's employees will join Yahoo's R&D center in Tel Aviv, Israel.
A deal between Yahoo and RayV was in the works for at least a couple months, according to The Wall Street Journal. The acquisition comes as Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is focused on giving people more of a reason to visit Yahoo's site, partly through original online shows.
Yahoo just last week said it would be airing the television show "Community" on Screen, after it was canceled by NBC earlier this year.
- Social Media Education: The New Edge for Success Failure to train for social media will cost your business money. A recent report showed how digitally prepared companies can unlock up to...
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- Printer Installer: Eliminating Print Servers Printer Installer is an on-premise web application that enables you to centrally manage and deploy Windows shared or direct iP printers.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!